Fuel line routing...

GXR1147

Registered
All right turbo bike owners. I have a RCC stage one with an ultra plenum. Which means my FMU was relocated befor the #3 & #4 throttle bodies. My question is, after taking for its first ride with this set up and having fueling issues due to what seems to be a kinked return line, how does everyone have their hoses run? It got tight in there with that ultra plenum and trying to keep the lines from rubbing and kinking can only be described as an art form in my opinion. I'd just like to see how everyone else has theirs. Also recommendations on a fuel line that won't kink easily. Thanks

Cool thanks, my fuel pump is under the the frame behind the engine. i don't know if the pump from the stage 1 is the same as the 550hp one. Just my FMU is under the throttle bodies

IMG_6869.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome. I didn't know there was room on top of that crossbar under the back of the tank for a fuel line to pass through without getting pinched. Wish I had known that's few days ago. Also, I see your crank case preacher, what's the second little breather filter behind it for? The main reason I posted this great was I was having an issue with my fuel pressure and at one point could hear gurgling in the tank when the pump primed. Figured a line was getting kinked. Which ultimately I found the return line was. Fixed that and doubled chacked everything and all seemed good in the garage as the gurgling was gone. Took it for a ride yesterday and all was good at first but the main issue came back which was fuel pressure dropping over the course of the ride. Should be 30lbs and ended us down to 20 by the time I got home. I going to post another thread about it. Thanks for the detailed pics. Always like seeing what other people have going on.

With My supply line over the crossbar, you can feel the tank touching it as you rock it back over to bolt up the tank in the front. Atleast I think that’s what it is, but as you can see from my videos I posted the other day, there’s absolutely no problem with the supply!:race: My pressure reads 43 psi st idle, I haven’t been into boost and watched it but rcc did say static 43, could see upwards of that possibly 100 using their 1:1 regulator.

I did a new fuel filter 3 days ago if that's the filter you're referring to. Issue still persisted

Yeah, I don't have that, lol. Or even a provision for it as far as I can recall. I also notice our Tb's are different. My injectors go in at an angle

Odd ok. Well that’s what I got boss! Hope it helps. I pulled off the supply line quite a few times to get it right, with a full tank lol

Definitely, thanks. I'll most likely be changing my supply line onthe waybyou have yours next time it need to come off. And I know what your talking about how it feels like the tank is resting on it as you're going to bolt it down, mine does that also so it's not fuel line.

Here is my set up supply line not hooked up. But return line I just make sure it’s in the space above the rear shock and below tank and works great.

A2D7D5C7-5F81-4720-A716-A411680D06DA.png

Is that a regulator you have tucked below the fuel rail? I thought about moving my FMU to the tail as I'm looking for options. But mines a bit bigger. It's the black rising rate regulator from RCC. With the issue I'm having I initially thought the FMU was having heat soak issues but after testing it yesterday I'm starting to doubt that. I'll be able to do a little more testing today before I run of out realistic tests to do. I'm almost starting to think it's my fuel pump failing. Can build pressure but not move volume kinda thing.

Is that a regulator you have tucked below the fuel rail? I thought about moving my FMU to the tail as I'm looking for options. But mines a bit bigger. It's the black rising rate regulator from RCC. With the issue I'm having I initially thought the FMU was having heat soak issues but after testing it yesterday I'm starting to doubt that. I'll be able to do a little more testing today before I run of out realistic tests to do. I'm almost starting to think it's my fuel pump failing. Can build pressure but not move volume kinda thing.
Yes

If you think the pump is bad I wouldn't mess around. I melted a piston under boost. My pump was dropping fuel pressure when the bike was heat soaked. I was thinking it was a vapor lock issue, but the pump was actually bad.

Last edited:
Where is/was your pump mounted? Mines under the suspension. That's pretty much the same issue I'm seeing. Cold pressure starts off good. He longer I ride it the lower the pressure would get. Should be around 30psi, one day it was down to 20psi by the time I was able to get home. Wired thing is coupkentime I would lean into a little boost and the AFR would stop drop into the 11's. Granted i was only in it for a very short while. Also noticed that my fuel pressure gauge jumps a little now that it didn't do before. I recall it being rock steady the entire time. Even went back and checked videos I had to confirm. So you've helped convince me, while I hate throwing parts it's better then still wondering.

Where is/was your pump mounted? Mines under the suspension. That's pretty much the same issue I'm seeing. Cold pressure starts off good. He longer I ride it the lower the pressure would get. Should be around 30psi, one day it was down to 20psi by the time I was able to get home. Wired thing is coupkentime I would lean into a little boost and the AFR would stop drop into the 11's. Granted i was only in it for a very short while. Also noticed that my fuel pressure gauge jumps a little now that it didn't do before. I recall it being rock steady the entire time. Even went back and checked videos I had to confirm. So you've helped convince me, while I hate throwing parts it's better then still wondering.

Shouldn't you have a static fuel pressure of 42psi? It definitely shouldn't drop. Your afr should be getting very lean too. 120.00 bucks for a fuel pump is worth peace of mind! I have my walbro fuel pump on the left side of the tail.

Shouldn't you have a static fuel pressure of 42psi? It definitely shouldn't drop. Your afr should be getting very lean too. 120.00 bucks for a fuel pump is worth peace of mind! I have my walbro fuel pump on the left side of the tail.
Mine is mounted the same with same pump.

Back