1999 'Busa fuel (pump) line routing ?

I'm certainly not always right, I took the fuel pump off last week and thought for sure that's how it was hooked up. Would it still work if they were on backward?

it'll still work, but not as designed. fuel would not be filtered through the screens inside the tank, and if you're using stock design fuel lines, they could be kinked under the tank if not connected right.

Removed the stock screens years ago, they are worthless. Inline filter inserted into factory lines and re-routed. Had problems with them kinking until I put the factory covers on them Bike ran fine, but maybe they were on backward. Oh well, it's a moot point now. Aftermarket pump waiting to be wired up.

2 is feed, 1 is return. just changed the lines out in mine, replaced with straight hoses instead of crappy stock molded ones. used high pressure lines that dont kink and made them little longer, works A+ !

- Kons

2 goes to fuel ****, 1 goes straight to tank

Thanks CopMagnet5oh (Kons) ...

I'm gonna hook #(2) as "feed".

I'm surprised there is confusion with this, but as I've said
before, even the shop manual is in conflict. But it does
appear that #2 is the feed.

I called a local Suzuki dealership (where I bought the bike
back in 1999) and talked with the 'Busa tech ... he confirmed
what I thought ... turn the key on and feel for suction at
the pump.

The "fuel" fuse was blown, and I replaced it, yet I still
don't have pressure ... so I have another problem at hand.

Anyway, I'm going for hooking the feed line from the tank
(petcock) to #2 at the pump.

I appreciate everyone's input ... and thanks to "Mr Brown"
for all your ideas on my bike (via phone) ... I'm glad this
board is here and all of y'all are offering your time !!

hi, i couldnt see the picture. Anyone can help mods the current 1999 busa fuel pump? How to do that? I am sicked with my current stock fuel pump. Thinking of inline mods

Back