Fuel Cost Slows Trucks Down

Yep. I run 65-68mph where allowed, and have an APU (generator) that provides me with 12v power, A/C, and heat, at a rate of 1/10th of a gallon/hour (when needed, when parked).

It helps me not be in a bad mood.
winkold.gif

I drive a Chevrolet 2500 truck and gas is KILLING ME! I uncovered the Del Sol the other day (She's been under a tarp for about 3 months.... the targa top has begun to leak) ... ahh still above 1/2 tank and drove it ALL over the place this week.

In the truck I have started doing 35mph down our road (posted speed limit) and pissin everyone off.. they usually run 55-65 mph on this road!! But it got my gas mileage up from 13.2 to 14.0 mpg

Yeah, my S10 gets about 11-12mpg, but that's pretty much due to me driving it like it's stolen, and spending half my time off-roading it. I can burn a tank in one afternoon, and will have only traveled about 70 miles.
laugh.gif

The Impala gets 24/29 city/hwy.

The Busa hasn't even been re-filled since I bought it.
sad.gif

The freightliner (company truck) gets about 5.5mpg. But, being in the rig all month long means I only have to spend about 50 bux a month in gas when I'm home.
biggrin.gif

I do my best ot take a bike where ever I go. I have a 04 Ram 1500 that gets 12mpg no matter what, the wife drives our 99 Ranger with a 4cyl in it. Bill for the gas card was over 400 last month.

I've got a 2005 gmc crew cab thats growing mold in the garage with a whopping 18,000 since purchased new bacause of ridiculous gas prices. That's why I roll with my trusty 1992 honda civic dx with 300,000 miles that gets around 38-40 mpg.
thumb_up.gif

Yep. I'm looking for a full-size truck for next year. I'll probably find dome pretty sweet deals.

I've had my S10 for a year and a half. Put 1400 miles on it in that time.

I've only put 3000 miles on my Impala in about 1 year.

Being a truck driver has it's benefits.
biggrin.gif

I just bought a 2500hd silverado crew cab with the 8ft bed and 8.1L engine. gas is killing me. I drive 110 miles a day just for work.

Yep. I'm looking for a full-size truck for next year. I'll probably find dome pretty sweet deals.

I've had my S10 for a year and a half. Put 1400 miles on it in that time.

I've only put 3000 miles on my Impala in about 1 year.

Being a truck driver has it's benefits.
biggrin.gif
This is why I wait also. Next years new models will bring deals on 08 models.

Will see.

r8

My employer provides me with a Ford E150 cargo van and a fleet fuel card as well. I typically fuel up twice a week at an average of 31 gallons. A couple of weeks ago I filled it three times in a week for no less than $108 a pop (and one of the fillups was $116)!

A friend of mine works for a EMS transport company. They take people from hospitals to their homes or hospital to hospital and so on. The company he works for puts 10 trucks on the road every day. He said it is normal for them to put 80 to 100 in fuel in each unit a day. Cant imangine 7K a week in fuel.

I'm still not worried, I get that fuel is more expensive, but it's still something we're going to use one way or another. Yeah there is a difference between $1.75 premium, and $3.75 premium but when it comes down to it, I could give a crap about an extra $30 a tank. It's a drag, but I'm going to fill it one way or another. So there is no point in worrying about it.
thumb_up.gif

I'm still not worried, I get that fuel is more expensive, but it's still something we're going to use one way or another. Yeah there is a difference between $1.75 premium, and $3.75 premium but when it comes down to it, I could give a crap about an extra $30 a tank. It's a drag, but I'm going to fill it one way or another. So there is no point in worrying about it.
thumb_up.gif
Every ten cents that gas goes up cost me ten dollars in fuel, so yes it does affect some of us. I put 340 dollars in my tank last week just for work.

I'm still not worried, I get that fuel is more expensive, but it's still something we're going to use one way or another.  Yeah there is a difference between $1.75 premium, and $3.75 premium but when it comes down to it, I could give a crap about an extra $30 a tank.  It's a drag, but I'm going to fill it one way or another.  So there is no point in worrying about it.  
thumb_up.gif
Your a Millionare $30 is like $.30 to you...
cool.gif

I'm still not worried, I get that fuel is more expensive, but it's still something we're going to use one way or another.  Yeah there is a difference between $1.75 premium, and $3.75 premium but when it comes down to it, I could give a crap about an extra $30 a tank.  It's a drag, but I'm going to fill it one way or another.  So there is no point in worrying about it.  
thumb_up.gif
Your a Millionare $30 is like $.30 to you...
cool.gif
Agree
thumb_up.gif
$30 is material to me
rock.gif

thumb_up.gif

I ride the bikes more then I drive. The miata on a good day 22-24mpg....highway 28mpg....being bad 15mpg. The truck averages 22mpg....both bikes in town 39mpg with 48 and 50 mpg highway.

I get 9 mpg. I can't even fill up anymore before the pump shuts off and I have to reinsert cc.
firedevil.gif
$125.00 to fill up
guns.gif

I am convinced that the gas prices are killing this economy. I mean I believe we have had a very strong economy but I think we are probably headed for a recession for sure. just my opinion but i think that the high cost of diesel and gas is the cause of it. I think that the constant strain from the prices has caused this. I know its hurting me for sure.

Back