Frustrated!!!

OB_BullDog

Registered
Well, I called my Suzuki dealer today. They were supposed to get ONE blue busa in January (mine - had a deposit on it in October) and one Black in March.
Nothing has come in to date. Apparently his SV650's are late too!?
He said he got another deposit for a blue busa and is trying to change the black order for a blue one.
I wonder if he got more money from the other guy and sold him mine and is now trying to trade off their black one for a blue one to fill my order.
I wish there was a way to check with Suzuki to see what is going one. It sounds like every other dealer in North America has gotten their 2000 busas except mine!?

Bulldog if you want to see some dirty politics try the Honda dealers with the RC51 deposits. They are jerks I tell ya, my dealer has plenty of blue Busa and for about $10,400
out the door.

I'll bet! Well, I am giving the dealer untill mid-March, then I am buying elsewhere. I got a great deal so that is why I am being patient, but it is still no excuse to sell it behind my back for more money...if that's the case...

What is the expecting date for the RC51??

April 18th is the scheduled Honda release to the US dealers. Dealer stocking will depend upon location relative to the trucking distance from the California wharehouse.

Some dealers down here have had 2000 Busas in for several weeks already (and sold already), while some others (pretty major dealerships, it seems to me) are still waiting for their first. I have heard rumors about how Suzuki chooses which dealerships get them first, the most sensible seems to be that they rank them according to how they did on the previous year's sales of that model. But it is surprising to me how big the differential is, time-wise, between the haves and the have-nots. It is a little bit out of the dealership's control, but they ought to play it straight-up with you.

Thanks Bear, should get a better answer this week, once the dealers gives me a date I will be a lot happier than I am now.

The dealer I'm working with on my bike says he knows nothing about receiving bikes in order of past sales. He told me that he ordered his bikes at a dealer show and for the time he wanted to receive them. He told me last Nov. that he ordered a red Busa for Jan. and a Blue for Mar. The red came in 3rd week of Jan. and as of last Friday my blue will be in this next week.
Another dealer told me what he had ordered and when he would receive them and has been correct on the 2 already received as far as what color and when they would arrive. He has 2 more coming but I don't remember for when. I did see a order sheet/confirmation sheet my dealer had and it showed all the Suzukis he had ordered and month of arrival and looks like he's getting what he ordered when he requested them.
Are the dealers in my area the only ones that do this or is it one hell of a coincidence that they predicted the future 2 to 3 months in advance? I'm not in the bike business, so I don't know how the system works. Only know what they are telling me and what they are saying makes sense and they are backing it up with new bikes showing up. Just passing on what little I know, for what its worth. Jack.

BULLDOG,
I paid for my Busa on November 1,1999 and it didnt come in until January 2000. I know it sucks, but you have to be patient for the better things in life.

I put a $2000 dollar deposit on my Busa in october and I am still waiting too! I have been asking about it for a couple of weeks and they are now saying it may not be till april! I have the rest of the money now, but I refuse to pay any more till I get my bike. I also tore apart my Vmax for major polishing and refurbishing not planning on needing it for a while and now the days are getting nicer and I have nothing to ride. Very frustrating!

Well, I talked to the GM of the shop and he assured me no busas have come in yet, even though my blue one was scheduled for Jan2000. It looks like the SV650's and the busas will not be in untill March! Anyday now!! The sales manager who I feel is tring to pull a fast one on me is being monitored! I put in the first deposit and no matter what I get the first and only blue bike, the other sucker has to take the black one. Waawho..Getting really excited now! Especially as it is really starting to warm up here in Central Canada.. EARLY SPRING!!

..Thanks for all your suggestions and comments...

Thanks, but I live in Central Canada.. I work in the industry so the dealer gave me a great price. But I think he might be trying to sell my bike behind my back for top dollar, which is fine, as long as he tells me first!!

If the deal flops and I can't get one in Canada, I will definitely be putting in a call to you Johhny! Thanks..

there are busas in dealers now ready to go I would call other dealers and see who has one and try to get one.We have a Blue and a Red on the floor ready to go.I know we are in Texas but not to far to get one.we had one guy go to Oregon to get his.

Back