Y2K BUSA STILL NOT IN !!!

OB_BullDog

Registered
Well, my Blue/Silver Busa was supposed to arrive January 2000. We are going into the 3rd week of February and no call from the dealer. They told me they don't have a date.. Just "January".

They only ordered 1 blue and 1 black. I put a deposit down in about Oct/Nov 99.

Have you guys heard of dealers being short shipped Y2K models already? I figured 2nd year production they would fill dealers orders!

Let me know, as I think maybe my dealer dropped the ball.. they better not of sold it behind my back for a better dollar!

What do you .org member dealers think? Am I over reacting?

Bought my Red & Gray 1/3/00. It was delivered within days of the delivery date the dealer gave me back in Oct or Nov. There are several new ones listed here on the board. Do a seach and go get one!

we have any color you want if they can't get it to you go somewhere else or have them do a dealer transfer.
Short supply My A**
There is no short supply at the dealer show that was a concern dealers had due to last year,Suzuki promised and so far are filling orders Now the DRZ400E that is in short supply.

Sounds like your dealer either dropped the ball or let another customer ride away on it. I was at San Diego House of Motorcycles a couple weeks ago and they had a red one on the floor, and had just sold a blue one. I went by there again yesterday and the red one had been sold, but there was another blue one with plastic wrapping still on the seat.

Some dealers have them already and some don't...time to turn up the heat a little. I used to think I liked the black ones and the red ones best, and that I didn't care too much for copper or blue. But now I have a copper one, and I'm in love with it. Looking at that blue one yesterday, I decided there isn't a color that I wouldn't love to have...the more I look, the more I like.

I hope you get it soon!

Hey Bulldog, looks like were in the same boat. I posted a thread similar to this awhile back. On page 2 Busa stuck in warehouse. I am getting the same runaround that you are. I too was told delivery of my busa would be in "January". This is as close as they could narrow it down.

I am still waiting for mine too. I asked the dealer the other day if he meant January,2001. He knows I am pissed. Now he says it has been rescheduled and left Atlanta Thursday. I live in Tennessee which is about a 4 hour drive from Atlanta. This sh$* is getting old.

Tomorrow I am going to call all the dealers in my area and see whats up. First one to offer me a good deal will get my buisness.

I am assuming I can get my deposit back since they havent "Held" sh$* for me. Does anyone know how this works?

[This message has been edited by busTa Kaw (edited 13 February 2000).]

Thanks for the input boys!

I will call my dealer this week, I leave for a business meeting on Monday morning, so I will contact them shortly! Sounds like they will get it then if supply in Canada is good...

Bad part is, IF and WHEN I get the damn thing, I can't ride it untill about April 1! Bloody Canadian Prairie weather! You southern Americans are spoilt....

.... Better sell my 1100 soon!

Anyone know anyone in central Canada/USA interested in a:

1990 GSXR1100, Yosh Race 4-1, Dynojet, Unifilter, etc etc? Pic of bike is at LaBusas.org (under submissions). Looking for $5600cdn(us?) Thanks!

Wooo hoo!! I found a Red and Grey at a dealer 30min. away. Said he could match or beat my dealers price. Cant wait to spoil the day of my dealer. Hope it doesnt sell before I get there.

Hey BullDog!

The dealer here in Arizona has a blue and a red in stock for IMMEDIATE is not SOONER delivery. The owners name is Richard, I got my 99 BUSA from him. If interested I can talk to him.

Ride Safe, Bob

Bulldog,I just picked my blue and silver up and the dealer said they ordered 8, mine was the only one in and suzuki faxed them saying they would only receive 3. that is mtr racing in R.I. Rhode Island U.S. I paid 10,450 for the record

Dealer in southern Indiana area ordered 4 and has received 2 of them when they said they would arrive. Another dealer across the river in Kentucky ordered 3 and 1 has arrived on date promised. Will have to see on other bikes ordered as they were ordered for a later date. So far they are getting all they ordered, on dates they were ordered for. Hope trend continues as mine is next blue due in KY. Dealer in IN lied to me or I would have the blue sitting in his showroom!

Bear is right. Not only are they available, but dealers are even coming down off of MRSP. Last year, they couldn't keep the 99's on the floor. Kind of tells me there should be enough to go around, depending on location. Good luck on your search.

[This message has been edited by c.dolan (edited 14 February 2000).]

I feel your anger, I was in the same boat as well, that is until I found another bike, whoa and behold, suddenly my dealer had one transfered. I was told Mid December, also had my deposit in late Oct99. It is just plain BS. Find another bike just to put some pressure on your dealer, it worked for me. I would probably still be waiting, but after my dealer found out I was serious about buying elsewhere, my dealer guarteed it to be here in 4 days. I think there might be some truth to shortageness, but it you light a fire under them, they will deliver.

Martinm2

This is crazy but I'll share it anyway.
As you can see from my post above; I found a busa at another dealer. Well, I called MY dealer and told him about it. He was upset to say the least. Anyway to make a long story short..He called back an hour,ONE HOUR,later and said my busa was in. What about that bullsh*t?

I paid $10,199 with no destination or delivery charges. $49 paper processing fee and $250 tax. Low tax due to equity on my trade in. Dealer said the warehouse had a problem with their workers and they refused to unload the truck. They suddenly decided to unload it when I found the other bike at another dealership. He just wasnt concerned because he thought he had made the sell. Took a fire under his butt to get things underway.

Anyway I brought it home today and couldnt be more pleased with it. A beautiful machine.

I had 4 busa's confirmed. Two in Dec. and two in May. I've only recieved 1. Suzuki has been telling me there are some in transit for 2 months now. I've been a dealer for 16 years and this last year has been ridiculous. Lots of 4 wheelers that I don't order show up but no busa's.

Back