Front wheel question, Cracked? and and

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
Hey Guys , I was changing my front tire and looked at the inside section of the rim and this is what I saw.. ( inside the wheel ) is this normal?? Or is it just too much casting when it was made ?... I only have 1 rotor and this is the side its on.. I cant really see inside the rim area too good , the left side ( inside the rim ) isnt like this .. anyone else ever seen anything like this?
Also when I changed the seals I saw a rusty looking grease , but the bearing feels smooth , think its ok ?? Thanks a Lot !!
Also 1 last thing I know we have some Org. members out there that send up prayers .. Some are needed !! I am having to deal with a very very bad issue . Appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0362.jpg

Better pictures would be needed to assess what you are talking about, however, casting cracks can happen...not common but they can. It would help if you had clearer pictures.

Thats the best picture I can get ! Close up and inside is kinda hard to do, Yes the casting or cracks are on the one side of the rim ( right side ) the left looks fine.. Thanks

even with me looking right at it , its hard to tell , But the gap/ crack looks wide.Maybe 20 thousandths? I was wondering if a few people have an extra rim lay'in around they could look at?? If not thanks for trying to help..

I am no metalurgist but I think its strange for a crack to be that wide, straight and perfect looking ! Just cant imagine cast cracking that way >

Back