front tire removal

oldbird

Registered
just bought a set of tires conti road attacks i have the rear stand so i am going to try the rear tire myself. but to do the front is a stand needed? a friend told me to lift it from the exhaust pipes under the bike but it doesnt sound right the dealer wants 100 dollars to do the set but id rather do it myself if i can. thanks art

Ive seen some crazy ways to hold a bike up, but i would play it safe and buy the front stand.
To answear the ?? no its not needed but it sure helps.

Would use a front stand. Only thing I hate about changing the front tire is the stand does not get the front end high enough to remove the tire without removing the front fender.

I've used the rear stand and a scissor jack from my car with a flat piece of wood numerous times on the pipes, just make sure the jack is centered and as far forward as possible without the wood touching the bodywork. Oh and do undo the front fender. Follow the manual,it really is easy.

IMG_0191Medium.jpg

You can use the STOCK exhaust to support the front of the bike.

cheers
ken

I change the front & rear rubber myself also. Wouldn't bother with anything else than a front stand to ensure steadiness.

Mike B

I just picked up a Redline stand for this very reason. I wanted to play it safe, and now I can store the bike off the ground in the winter months as well.

P5140023__Large___Medium_.JPG

I use a front stand, but will always use the hooks I have in the ceiling for extra support & to help clear the fender. I hook on to the stem.

hey showtime with the bike jack should i put the rear stand on first or use the bike jack alone if i read right i can use the jack on the stock pipes with no damage i am going to get a front stand but i want to get these on for the weekend

tire_pic1.JPG

i've done mine on the kick stand and a jack under the header,,,works like a tripod,,but easy dose it.

I would spend the money on a front stand. Well worth the money...

Back