Front Sliders Done

Yeah, it was the actual time that I was looking for! What's the difference in length on these vs. ones you would buy from the store?

All the offers I have seen for retail sliders are short as hell compared to the ones I have fabbed. Mine stick out 4" from the outside of the fairing. I designed them to protect the works.......grips, bar ends, mirrors, and they do protect it all. Cans included, as well as rear turn signals. Need the rear swingarm sliders to compliment them. They are 3 1/2" out from the spool mounts.

That is a substantial difference, but I hope like PB said that they will never be tested!

Fact is, they HAVE been tested, dropped her over on purpose to attest the fact. Posted a thread a month or so ago showing the protection. These are my insurance policy, have only liablility ins on her, saved $3000 in premiums so far, paying off well ! Knock on Wood.;-)

let me know how much you want for a pair of those, also when your camera is charged could I see a rear and front view, they look like they stick out kinda far but I cant tell from the pics......good work

-Eric

Awesome work. It is always cool to make something yourself and very satisfying.

Buuuuuuuut......why not just buy them from LP? They look exactly the same and seem to be made of the same components. Seems like too much work, like trying to make your own tire. Please educate me - what makes yours better than buying them from LP?

The main issue that got me into fabbing my own is the length, I wanted sliders that would keep everything from hitting the ground and the LP ones don't quite do this. And strength issue also, mine are definately stronger than LP's due to the stainless hex stock that goes almost full length. And my rears are made the same as fronts, just a little shorter, and you cannot find any rears in sufficient length to keep it all protected. I will post more pics tonight of the entire bike so you all can see what they really look like installed.

Forgot to mention, another benefit (IMHO) is the fact that it only required a 1" dia hole in the fairing and finished outside diameter of the sliders are only 1 1/2" instead of 1 7/8". Rears are also 1 1/2" dia, so they are matching front/rear.

Here is the thread I started back in May, showing just the stainless hex stock and the bike resting on the sliders. Had to test my design in real life !

<!--EDIT|Dr Geekenstein
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089133145 -->

Back