FRONT PRELOAD

386boy

Registered
Okay..not after adjusting my rear pre load some, I still find that my busa scrapes ground in the front, just at the bottor where to fairing meet. is this more my front adjustment now? I was told no matter how much i adjust the rear, it has nothing to do with front. My link is in the middle setting, so there is no way it should be that low, that my oil pan would hit, other than me gaining weight over time.

QUESTION IS: Is it best for me to keep toying with rear or should i be setting the front, because when i hit the dips or come over uneven pavement is when i am getting the scraping and that is scary, my settings up front are factory at 5 on both..any suggestions? my last move is to take the link from middle to highest, but that kind of elminates the purpose, even though she is stretched? i am scratching my head right now....
and should my rear be all the way compressed (to raise) or to get good height should I be removing pressure from spring?
HELP

busa_2.jpg

Yeah if you wanna ride low, you need to imagine how the bike looks with you ON it. Set up the suspension for a good height with you on the bike. I think you got a great stance but as soon as you get on the bike, it's too low.

Sorry to say, but the bike's springs are not designed for someone of your stature, particularly on a stretched and lowered bike.

lol..yea.. im what.. 6'2 about 240 245 now, in florida i had no problems but i also was at 220.. out here in corpus christi, is a nightmare.. should i dial all the way in and start with the trial error on the front forks?
and you right it look real good until i get on, then the scraping begins, almost dont want to ride..lmao

busa_1.jpg

With that puppy stretched and lowered, it looks cool as hell!

Sadly, the flip side is, it now rides like sh!t and there is not much you can do to change that. You gave up your sweet ride for curb appeal. It's like being married to a drop dead gorgeous woman that refuses to give up the good stuff. Nice to look at but not very useful
dunno.gif

You should try to put a new main spring in the front! Lamb weighs 205 and put a .95 spring in the front. Stock is the .85! You are going to need a 1.05 at least. This should help with the bottoming out some! It will at least put you in the zone where you have some adjustment

+1 On a new rear spring. Get the front done too. The Hayabusa was sprung for a 150 lb rider.

Back