Front fender

EAKbusa

Registered
The front fender on a Busa is rather large and obviously was designed for one thing, aerodynamics. However seeing as I will never go 180-200MPH (or at least not likely) and I am more interested in a formula Xtreme style "racy" Busa, I am curious about either trimming the stock fender or buying a carbon fender that is already more GSXR1000ish looking.

Anyone know of a stock fender that will fit the Busa that looks more like the Gix1K? Or has anyone successfully trimmed the stock fender? Or is this a bad idea altogether?

I agree too - the 'busa is far too good a bike to just pose around on and drag - racing in the twisties is where its at !

EAK,

I don't know about the front fender, but as close as you are to Maxton, NC you should take a shot at your 180-200MPH high speed runs. Thats what the Big Dog was built for anyway.

Full speed ahead

Where do you want to trim?

Removing the back may present problems, you don't want any road chog in your radiator.

I just want to trim the front a little so that it does not extend down so far over the wheel - it looks kind of silly to me (blasphemy I know - sorry). The stock fender looks reminiscent of the wheel covers on old Caddies and whatnot. Won't make any change to the back as it is functional. But the front is only for aerodynamics.

Never thought about going to Maxton but I would consider it. I am nmot sure what part of NC it is in. Will have to look that up.

Would imagine that trimming would change air flow characteristics at any speed. I am sure the engineers designed the radiator and brake cooling aspects with this also in mind? Something to consider.
smile.gif

Get a different finder and keep the orig. or sale it. Very prone to cracking if you try trimming it.

Or you can give it the Aww Fuc& trim like most of us have.

Put on a disk lock on the front rotor. Forget to take it off and back it off the trailer. When you hear a crack and hell Awww fuc&, you will no doubt have a nice piece missing which if done on the other side looks factory.

cussing.gif

Hey Ice.....I thought I was the only guy to have done that!!! Replaced mine with new stocker, though.

PS: pm me about your lights for the top gun tail, I'd like to get some.

TBone

Just don't trim the inside while doing a high speed run like I did. It's not fun. A shop put the wrong size and speed rated tire on my bike and I didn't notice until this happened.

EAK,

I don't know about the front fender, but as close as you are to Maxton, NC you should take a shot at your 180-200MPH high speed runs.  Thats what the Big Dog was built for anyway.

Full speed ahead
Maxton is about 2 hours from me i me have to go down and check it out at some point and time

Somewhere ther is a post with pics of a fender trimed to look more like a 1000's. You may be able to do a search and find it.

Back