FRONT END VIBRATION...part III

I have owned my busa for 3 years. Just in the last 6 months I have warped three sets of front rotors. Although I have my fast riding times (like everyone I imagine), I am very light on the brakes. I have rebuilt my calipers, replaced the entire front end, replaced the rotors (obviously), and replaced the pads. I just warped another set of brand new rotors last month. I am using the stock pads. The only thing that I can't seem to get into place correctly are those dumb plastic shims at the top of the forks (they keep falling out). They should not cause this problem though, as they are only space fillers for the top clamp and have nothing to do with fork security. The only thing I havent replaced is my front wheel. I will be ordering a new front wheel this coming week. The calipers dont seem to be binding (at least not by the time I get it in the garage for insp). Res'vr fluids are fine. There is no noticeable vibration while riding, only when braking. This is very nerve racking. The bike ran awesome for 2.5 years... I am very frustrated.

Last edited:
I would get the front off the ground and spin that tire up to speed without the bike moving... see if the issue is there.. pull both calipers off, try again..

I can not believe you are unable to trace this issue down and am thinking you need to get someone over there to ride that thing and start over on the diagnosis..

Something tells me a part of the story is missing.. rotating assemblies are rotating assemblies and only so much that can be wrong...

My guess is you are focused on something (like the front of the bike) when the problem is some where else.. I know this is a pretty long shot but according to you, everything has been changed or modified without any effect on the issue...

Back