Front End Stands

mach1970

Registered
I have a question about front end stands. Since I never had one before which one should I get? I know I am going to get a pitbull stand but which one? One for the forks, or one that lifts at the steering stem? I want one that will allow me to do most of my front end work but will also be usable on all future bikes.

Thanks,

Rob

1966 Honda Dream
1968 Triumph Bonneville
1981 Suzuki GS1000GL
1982 Suzuki GS1000SZ Katana
1982 Suzuki GS1100GL
1982 Suzuki GS1100E
1983 Suzuki XN85 Turbo
1983 Suzuki GS1100ES
1984 Honda Magna
1984 Yamaha FJ1100
2000 Yamaha VMax
2003 Honda Goldwing
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa (Orange/Black)

I spoke with Pitbull yesterday.

They don't have a specific model that will get the job done.

They have an attachment for their fork lift that will work but not very easily I guess.

I ordered the fork lift model, and if they come up with a better attachment to lift the stem, I'll get that later.

Also think of what you plan to do to the bike. If you plan on lowering the front end, the steering stem model won't work.

cool.gif

front_off.jpg

WC seeing your bike propped up makes me nervous.
I want a stem mount for the front. Pitbull will figure it out. I am not lowering anyway.
Anyone have a pic of the PB rear stand in use with the forward handle?

Don't use the PittBull front stem stand. The stand will press up against the bottom of the headlight housing long before it can support the weight on the stem.

The LP stem stand is a better option. It does touch the headlight housing but the weight is on the stand. If you even lower the bike the stem stand will not fit. It's a tight fit at stock height.

The T-Rex stand is a nice stand, and they are on e-bay for $93.00 for both front and rear + $20.00 for shipping
thumb_up.gif

WC every time I get faith old Murphy comes along and punishes me for it.
crazy.gif
 I can see my bike propped up like that and the dog knocks it over, or the old lady.
Your rear stand looks like its not the forward handle one I was looking for.  
winkold.gif

Back