Front end click

bigpoppa1969

Registered
Whats up everyone?

Sweet site

Been watching the boards for a while now.... Awesome site

Got 3000 miles on her now (03 Blk/Slvr busa)

Question

While going below 10 mph, there is a clicking sound coming from my front end. If you hold her up on the kickstand and spin the tire, it sounds like the click click click is coming from the right caliper. Has anyone else had this annoying click. How would I remedy the problem.... Its just real annoying the front brakes work as advertised.

Any advice

Is it the caliper or the disk itself? The outer portion of the disk is mounted on the inner with the larger floating pins (or doughnut shaped rivets). Are one of those loose or damaged? Or is the caliper hitting them?

First of all... WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!

I'd think it would have to be either the axle, bearings or the brakes. The shop manual says to check the front axle bearings by rotating the wheel and listening for abnormal noises. If it wasn't ticking to begin with but now it is, that's abnormal to me.

If you do yer own wrenchin' you might start out by lookin' at the brakes. See if you see any scratches or cracks in the rotor that might be clickin' against the pads or sumthin. Make sure your pads aren't busted. Make sure all the bolts to your brakes are tightened to specs, etc...

If you don't find anything wrong with the brakes, you might pull them off and rotate the wheel without the calipers attached. If you still hear the clicking it might be the bearings or axle. If you don't do yer own wrenchin' or you ain't comfortable with messin' with the brakes, axle or bearings I'd get it to a shop ASAP and have someone check it out. I wouldn't want abnormal noises from ANY of the front end parts on my bike!

Please keep in mind that I am not a bike mechanic, just a do it yerself'r lookin' at a busa shop manual. Take my advice with a grain of salt. I won't be responsible if you screw yer bike up tryin' to fix it yerself. I figure if I'm way off here, someone will be along shortly to correct me. Just thought I'd throw out my $.02 for ya since nobody replied yet. Yer best bet would be to PM or PING Johnnycheese on this board. He's the man when it comes to slingin' wrenches.  :super: :D

Oh, and don't forget the obvious... Check the underside of the fender to make sure sumthin' isn't lodged between the tire and fender makin' the noise yer hearin'. Make sure the brake lines aren't rubbin' on the tire somehow, etc...

Best guess given that I have what appears to be the same rattling noise at lower speeds (0-20MPH). If the rattle fades or ceases when you apply the front brakes then it is just the floating brake pads that Suzuki put in their front end... short of using somthing like RTV to hold onto them there is nothing you can do about it but change your brakes every 1000 miles or so. It's an anoying noise but I put up with it in exchange for the 150 RWHP the dyno showed me hehehehe.

I had the same problem and it was my brake rotor. I found this after replacing my spacer and bearings. I havent had the clicking noise sense

Back