Front End Bouncing

BusaBenny

Registered
Hey guys. 2008 gen2. 13,000 miles. My bike has kinda of a front end bounce. I'm at a lost as to what it is. When I bought the bike it did have the bounce but I thought it was low tire pressure or worn tires. I had new Pirelli angel gt put on. A shop mounted and balanced the tires. They didn't say anything about the rims being bent or out of round. I've checked the tire pressure, my chain, the front wheel bearings, steering stem and suspension. I put the suspension to stock setting. I tried my best to see if the rims are bent (with a straight edge) as best I could. Any input with help. Thanks.

All speeds. And if I'm sitting on it, holding the brakes and I push down it will go down and come back up. No bounce. Not a 100% sure that's what you mean. I do a video but idk how to upload it.

Bounce or vibration? A imbalanced tire would make a vibration. The shocks being locked up or not moving as intended maybe cause a bounce.

Last edited:
Could definitely be chain related. Does it bounce when accelerating? Or just when you let off or hold a constant speed? Where wheel weights used or internal beads for balancing?

Last edited:
When im accelerating hard I don't notice it as much if at all. Let's say I'm accelerating but not too aggressive it's still there. When I let off or coast it's definitely there. At constant speed it's there.

A local shop mounted and balanced the tires. They have a good reputation. Are you thinking the tires aren't balanced?

When I say I have a new chain kit. I mean the current chain is the one that I cleaned, lubed and adjusted. I still have a new unopened chain setup ready if needed.

Thats good, i would stay away from beads. What did the service involve? If fork oil was changed, is it possible they over filled the tubes? I have not personally experienced how over fill behaves. But it is critical that the correct amount of oil is used.

They are a good shop. I drive 45 minutes and pass up about Three other shops just to have them do my stuff. Petes cycle in Waterbury ct.

It's a long shot but uneven amounts of fork oil in the tubes would cause that. It's always there under a load, cruising and braking right?, but not under hard acceleration, when the bike's weight is transferred to the rear and the front end gets light. I'd also mic the rotors and even inspect the pads for a broken one, but that should've been done during the service you had done. Good luck.

Does it look like there is a leaky fork seal at all?

Wheel bearings ok, Tire beads uniformly seated, tire rotation correct,fork tubes straight, fork tubes at uniform height to top clamp? Just suggestions.

Back