Front Axle Spacer

Jbaby1969

Registered
Just so I install it correctly, the front axle has one spacer and it is installed on the right hand side. Is that correct?

Yes right side, I know u just did your rear tire so did u make sure u had all 3 spacers in the rear?
Three? I remember there being one on each side. I don’t recall a third. I’m headed to the store to grab some Gatorade. When I get back I’ll double check.

Three? I remember there being one on each side. I don’t recall a third. I’m headed to the store to grab some Gatorade. When I get back I’ll double check.
There's one that goes into the sprocket carrier on the inside, it's known to fall out when the sprocket is taken off or in my case when the shop removes it to mount the tires then shoved the sprocket back in and me in a hurry didn't double check, causes issues for sure.

There's one that goes into the sprocket carrier on the inside, it's known to fall out when the sprocket is taken off or in my case when the shop removes it to mount the tires then shoved the sprocket back in and me in a hurry didn't double check, causes issues for sure.
Ok the sprocket and brake rotor were not removed. I took the wheel off and took it to the shop myself. I have to set chain tension so I’ll pull it off and make sure just to be safe. I appreciate the heads up.

Ok the sprocket and brake rotor were not removed. I took the wheel off and took it to the shop myself. I have to set chain tension so I’ll pull it off and make sure just to be safe. I appreciate the heads up.
Yeah definitely double check, like I said I left mine assembled and took it for the tires to be replaced and they put my sprocket back in and the cush rubbers were holding it so I didn't think twice about it until it already caused damage to my bearing and left spacer. Cost me a week if not riding waiting on parts, bad thing is im a mechanic by trade and know better then to get in a rush or not double check these kind of things. :banghead:

Yup. 1 spacer upfront on the 08 to 2019. RH side.

Far as the rear wheel having three spacers, there is one on each side and there is a third under the sprocket carrier. It normally sticks to the carrier a few seconds if you remove. Yeah if the carrier is loose like mine was, I'd take it out if I brought the wheel in for tire change. My carrier was never tight. OEM cush drive rubbers must be on the loose side.

Back