Front Axle Problem

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Helping my son today putting new tires on his 2018 Great White. I've done this maybe six times on my Gen I & Gen II. I/we can't get the front axle to go fully in and flush. If I put the nut on the front brake side and start to tighten it will tighten quickly and the wheel will not turn. I have it on the stand, off the stand and just don't get it. This should be like so many times before and done. What gives guys? Had to be something simple right?

IMG_5897.JPG

IMG_5898.JPG

Yes sir I did. Looking at manual and looks as if that collar goes to the brake or right side. Was swapped at the shop that mounted the tires. I should of not sent the collar in with it. Correct me if I'm wrong. Moving that collar to the brake side and trying again.

Did you loosen the pinch bolts?

All back together now. Nice to look at a downloaded manual thanks to the ORG. New tires and all done except the ABS light is on and I went a mile around the block. I'll have to research that.

So spacer goes onto throttle side as the axle has the spacer built into it . If your abs light is on have you inspected the wheel speed sensor on the fork ? You have to remove it to install / remove the wheel due to clearance issues . One could squeak the wheel off , but risk damage to sensor .

Thanks C10. I seen your post on another ABS light on with a quote from the manual in ref to 6mph. My son told me tonight via text that it stays on for like 15 minutes and has been that way. So, that is not right and 6mph is 6 mph. I seen the clearance on the sensor and I did not remove it and was very easy with it but I'm afraid I may have caused a problem and need a new one. I appreciate the input and will have his young eyes look further into this tomorrow as he is off and we may ride.

So spacer goes onto throttle side as the axle has the spacer built into it . If your abs light is on have you inspected the wheel speed sensor on the fork ? You have to remove it to install / remove the wheel due to clearance issues . One could squeak the wheel off , but risk damage to sensor .

Reactions: c10
Lord no, I'm not that bad off. I have anxiety really bad and jump on here to soon at times.

Have you got the wheel around the wrong way, with the ABS tone ring on the opposite side from the ABS sensor?
That’ll cause the ABS warning light to stay on .

Back