From a Hayabusa to an MT01

gsferrari

Registered
Hello everyone - posting after a long time but it is always nice to be back.

If you remember, I had a 2004 LE Busa which I had to leave behind in the US because I was forced to relocate to India. All attempts to return have been thwarted by poor planning on my part, and more recently, the recession in the US.

I have decided to enjoy myself where I am and although I really wanted my Busa - there was no way to bring it ot India. I left the bike in my sister's garage in Erie in 2006 September and returned to it only in August 2007. I used it for a few days before leaving back to India. I have now sold the Busa for a net sum of $6500.00.

Sold off some other bikes of mine here in India (Enfield 500 and a Yamaha RX135) and bought me a Yamaha MT01. The price here in India is the equivalent of $27500 !!!!
boohoo.gif

But I had to do it...can't explain these things...

I have made the booking and I am expecting delivery in about 10 days time (things work rather differently here in India).

Suzuki India have not yet come out with the Hayabusa - when they do - I will pick up an 08 or 09 or whatever.

Just thought I'd update my pals on .Org
ThumbsUp.gif

I've only had the Busa for 2 days but I am sure you will miss it and hopefully India will get them for your sake, goodluck.

Congrats!
From what I have read the MT01 is a very nice bike. Warrior based engine on a sport bike chassis. If Yamaha sold it in the states I would add one to the stable.

Life here is fun...seriously. Yes we pay silly money for our bikes but the economy is doing great and the roads are fun once you get out of the city. Lots to see...

I do see myself coming back - but for now I need a nice ride and this is my best option.

Sucks to be without a Busa but the moment Zuk sets up shop here - I will be first in line.

Come visit India sometime...I'll show you around (if you come to Mumbai) - Open invite to all .Org members...

A warrior engine in a sport chassis, sounds pretty nice to me.But still, no Busa. Glad you like it there, hope you can get a Busa soon....

NOW... when are they gonna put an updated V-MAX engine in a sportbike frame?
rock.gif

hey brutha, long time no see!!....o, wait-i STILL cant see ya, LoL
cool.gif

Dunno if i could stand the plane-ride over there man-what'd that take, like 2 weeks? Glad to hear you're still riding, even if it aint a Busa....once you've had a taste of the 'powah' you cant help but come back to it
bowdown.gif

Be safe over there, man n enjoy the new scoot, cant wait to see pics
beerchug.gif

I know you havent seen mine in a minit-you should check some old threads, I did a little work to'er
firedevil.gif

Life here is fun...seriously. Yes we pay silly money for our bikes but the economy is doing great and the roads are fun once you get out of the city. Lots to see...

I do see myself coming back - but for now I need a nice ride and this is my best option.

Sucks to be without a Busa but the moment Zuk sets up shop here - I will be first in line.

Come visit India sometime...I'll show you around (if you come to Mumbai) - Open invite to all .Org members...
I was born in Mumbai. Its been 3 years since I have been there. I plan on visiting sometime next year. Hope to see you if you are still there. By the way, which part of Mumbai are you in? I know you are not diggin traffic
smile.gif

hey brutha, long time no see!!....o, wait-i STILL cant see ya, LoL
cool.gif

Dunno if i could stand the plane-ride over there man-what'd that take, like 2 weeks? Glad to hear you're still riding, even if it aint a Busa....once you've had a taste of the 'powah' you cant help but come back to it
bowdown.gif

Be safe over there, man n enjoy the new scoot, cant wait to see pics
beerchug.gif

I know you havent seen mine in a minit-you should check some old threads, I did a little work to'er
firedevil.gif
BigD!!!!!
hello.gif

Good to hear from you bro. The only thing left of my Busa is the tank bra I got off you all those years ago
laugh.gif

Different life...different situation in India. The flight here is roughly 24 hours including stopovers - not that bad really. Excellent place to visit in the winter for tourism purposes.

If you and the missus decide to fly down to see the Taj Mahal - lemme know - we'll do a tour of the countries best before you head back.

woot.gif

I was born in Mumbai. Its been 3 years since I have been there. I plan on visiting sometime next year. Hope to see you if you are still there. By the way, which part of Mumbai are you in? I know you are not diggin traffic
smile.gif
I should be around bro...

Right now in Downtown Chembur
laugh.gif
But I expect to move to a new place shortly with a closed garage with room for MT01 and a Busa too
whistling.gif

Ping me if you get anywhere near this part of town.

I guess I should change the name of this thread to "From a Hayabusa to an MT-01 and back!"

Yup...just booked a 2012 Busa in whatever white color they are dishing out. I'll only have the bike in 10 days time but I can't wait. Sold the MT-01 for a pretty packet after 3 years and 35000 Kms on the ODO. It still retained about 70% of it's value and all that money is going straight into the Busa.

Feels good to be back to club "Holy crap that is fast!" and I don't think I will be going back to V-twins again. Maybe a V-4 someday.

Any of the old timers still around remember me? :rulez:

I'll post up pics shortly and give you guys a bit of a shock about how Superbikes are sold and delivered in India!

Until then...cheers!

I have friends in Mumbai with Busas. Been there a couple of times. It doesn't look like I'll be able to make it back anytime soon though. I know what you mean about it being different. I had an opportunity to relocate there a couple of years ago. There are things there that I like better than in the US, but overall, I'll keep living in the States.

congrats and welcome back. always wanted to visit INDIA...maybe someday.

Back