Free mods?

04purpleyerple

Registered
Are there any free mods that will help my 04 Busa? The Bike has 4500K. What would you suggest?

DSC_0289.jpg

U could do the small air box mod and mod the stock baffles,
+1...

Take out the airbox, and remove that stupid flapper inside of it... Search for the write-up under this section.

You can also do the PAIR mod, instead of buying block off plates, cut the tubes off the original flanges and braze the stubbed ends closed. You're just gonna need 2 vacuum caps.

Another good MOD is to cut a PVC ring and glue it around the throttle tube lip end, the throttle cables will rest on top of it, and it'll create shorter throws on yer grip.
Or you can just replace the entire throttle tube w/ an R1 or R6 tube for around $12.00

You could also cut down your stock cans, I believe they put up a write up on this as well.

Did I miss anything?

Last edited:
I just changed plugs out and did the 'flapper' mod.. I noticed a much smoother throttle, seemed 100% better.

I just changed plugs out and did the 'flapper' mod.. I noticed a much smoother throttle, seemed 100% better.
Yea, if only Suzuki didn't use those stupid flappers on Gen1's and put that extra money into a larger airbox design w better ram air seals, we'd all be happier...

I meant that they got it right the 1st time...

That wouldn't give us the pleasure of doing free mods. If they got everything right the first time they wouldn't ever need to change it, There was no ZR1 in 1953. Things have to evolve, maybe Darwin was right. :thumbsup:

That wouldn't give us the pleasure of doing free mods. If they got everything right the first time they wouldn't ever need to change it, There was no ZR1 in 1953. Things have to evolve, maybe Darwin was right. :thumbsup:
ZR1?! Well since we're talking Vette's now, how about that wonderful "Crossfire Injection" GM cooked up... that pretty much made for the slowest Vette's of all time?

I was just giving an example of things taking time to get better. I would NEVER say the GM doesn't make mistakes. I'd rather have a Kia than a Chevy, personally. And I don't even want to ride in a Kia. But, there is no doubt that the ZR1 is better than the original in every measurable sense.

I remember the crossfire Camaro's. They had issues with catching fire cause of this type of setup.

yep, we used to call it "missfire" fuel injection.:laugh:

As far as the mods...the search function on this site will work wonders for you:rulez:

Back