Frame sliders

think about this in the cars...is bumpers in the cars going to save the car accidents in the highway? I think its only for around the parking lot...just like the slider here...I don't know who put the name that thing slider on it but, it doesn't slide on a highway accident it will make the bike flip instead of sliding think about it when you let something to slide with some spike in the middle of it...will they slide? one thing causes another...so my opinion is don't use it
argue.gif
please clench butt cheeks and make no more noise.

it will allow sliding....in a 'low side" situation.....which is how many racing incidents occurr.
if you notice what people that actually use them (and not just "install cause they're johnny racer on the street") have installed.....teflon type, soft sliders that will wear down as friction is applied.
your "spike" theory would have to be such a slide that the top of the tank and seat are traveling forward....and I can pretty much say that in 15+ years of watching/racing...that is a slide I have yet to see. Not that it wouldn't be possible...but highly unlikely. Plus the sliders used in racing (like the two piece Vortex units are designed to break away before enough torque/fulcrum, whatever....would be applied to flip the bike.

Flips on slides normally occurr when the clipons or top of the forks work with the front tire to grab the concrete or just the tires themselves can do it.

The sliders, as mentioned are there to help catastrophic case/frame damage, just enough so that if in a race..the fairings might get tron away...but the bike is still race able.

Install the sliders and then lean your bike all the way over onto them....your fairings will touch no question. Unless perhaps you get those 8" models that stick WAY out like foot pegs on a harley.
The sheer girth of the busa makes the sliders less effective on them compared to other machines.

I wasn't trying to ride yur arse...but sometimes people with their trailer park logic really gets to me!
AAAssjani.gif

No actually he can remember EXACTLY where he saw pictures of this and it was on this board over a year ago. I was just offering some advice on them because I was considering them before I bought man. It's your bike people do what you want but when someone is asking a question theres no reason to be such a smart arse when someone offers help. Do what ya want.
Then by all means, please show us.  I'm sure all the people who own these sliders would love to see this picture.  Street&Track (a valued board member) would probably be interested too as he went through all the trouble of importing them.

I was the first to order them, there has been mile long threads discussing them and yet someone right in this very forum other than Moosesbusa wrecked with them, posted up pics and it didn't make headlines and catch anyone elses attention?
rock.gif

Or are you maybe confusing that $230 slider kit with those $10 eBay rubber bumpers that replace a fairing bolt and cause this damage?

oops.jpg

If it wasn't those then post up some proof to back up your claims.
Honestly man I was not trying to trash the sliders I was just going by the pictures I saw. If I could find them I would but it was over a year ago on here and I don't remember who posted them. I just remember the guy was pissed because the bike and fell on the slider and it buckled and actually cut into the plastic. It was a blue and silver Busa. I just remember looking at the pics and thinking wow. Cuz that was at the same time I was thinking about doing mine. Now I don't know maybe the guy didn't install them correctly or something. I am not sure because I have never messed with them but I did see damage to his plastic. If they seem to work for you guys thats good. I just can't see them being AS STURDY and going straight into the motormount. I was being a smart arse I was just going by what I saw.

Why do you guys keep talking about making big GAPING holes in your plastic??  I hate to keep showing these pics in the various cut/no cut slider threads but.............well, maybe I dont mind  
laugh.gif
 There's about 1/16" gap around mine. I had to take more material off on one side to the the faring on and off.  It took me about 45 minutes to do both sides.  The end result is the slider is mounted ROCK FUGGIN SOLID to the frame.  No PROBLEMO!!!

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142516868 -->

Busafeb06a.jpg

From this angle it looksl like there is a bit of a gap in the front of the slider.  Actually, if you were to look at the slider staight on, the gap is even all the way around, about MAYBE 1/8" max.  You need a little room to wiggle the faring in place.  Don't fear the Dremmel tool grasshoppahs  
idea.gif

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142517373 -->

busafeb06c.jpg

Back