Frame Sliders

Busa_Powered

Registered
Since I had my accident on Saturday, I was thinking about frame sliders.

I came across these in a Cycle world Ad

Spiegler LSL Frame Sliders

They seem to bolt on easily, something I can do, and no cutting required.

Anyone ever see these or hear anything about them?

Well dang they do have to be cut.

Ive heard bad and good about frame sliders.

Im getting almost all new plastics and dont want them to get screwed up again.

Dang, now I dont know what to do

Well dang they do have to be cut.
Ive heard bad and good about frame sliders. Im getting almost all new plastics and dont want them to get screwed up again. Dang, now I dont know what to do

Curious what "bad" you have heard about sliders? I tipped my '01 on the driveway while washing it, no doubt in mind mind the damage could have been kept to a minimum if bike had sliders on.

BTW, I went with T-rex NO-CUT sliders. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...4-info-owners-t-rex-no-cut-frame-sliders.html

I made my sliders, I just couldn't see taking a drill or any cutting device to a $500.00 piece of plastic. JMO :poke:

It was easy, just take your time and measure twice. Drill pilot hole and dremmel from there.
The replacement cost thingy is an excellent motivator as to not screw it up!!!

IMG_0785.jpg

I know 00busaTX has a set of the LSL sliders and they did the job on a low speed get off. I also put them on HRHDi's R6.

I haven't installed sliders on the busa because I have custom paint don't want to mess it up now.

i love my lsl's. easy to put on. just have to be patient anddremel small amounts at a time. test fit and remove material where needed till they just barely slide in and line up with the bolt hole. not a single regret. well i wish i had gotten the black pucks, but that can be changed easy enough:laugh:

These little nubbins are called FRAME sliders for a reason, not PLASTIC sliders. They are not designed to protect your plastics. If you crash outside the driveway they will not save your plastics. However, they will help in protecting the frame from damage.

They are not $225 nice, sorry. Thats a bit pricey considering I paid $90 for a direct mount/cut slider set. The T-Rex sliders are very similar in regards to ease of install and are getting positive reviews from those that have them at a much lower price point. What makes this no-name brand so good?
Not hating, just MHO :whistle:

The LSL sliders don't look that long in the pics above or is it just how the pic makes it look? I have the fairing screens on my 08 so I don't think the t-rex would be an option, but I would like to put something on mine as well. Although I must agree about cutting the high dollar plastics.

The LSL sliders don't look that long in the pics above or is it just how the pic makes it look? I have the fairing screens on my 08 so I don't think the t-rex would be an option, but I would like to put something on mine as well. Although I must agree about cutting the high dollar plastics.

I hope this gives you some reference as to the length.

IMG_0786.jpg

I believe they are worth the trouble to cut plastics to mount. From experience. And I have read here on previous threads the no-cut ones dont protect as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back