frame sliders

HayaVegas

Donating Member
Registered
I ordered and installed some frame sliders for my zx12r and took a good brow-beating from the forum members who said they were worthless, and they would harm the bike MORE than if I hadnt put any on at all.

i just got this busa, and I dont want to make a mistake like that again.

So, could you recommend the "proper" frame sliders from the right vendor - for the busa? Ones that will protect it without being inclined to rip the plastic apart in a slide or damage the engine?

I would search, but I want to make sure I dont get old information when something better has come out since.

Thanks.

you'll be thankful you got yerself the frame sliders, bro...most especially when some fugger decides ot lean on yer bike when it's parked or when you have a lil mishap in the garage.

As for riding, I'd say that no matter what you put on it, if it's gonna be a 40+mph crash, something's gonna get fugged up anyway. If you do it right, the sliders will help for a lil bit...

if you don't, you could be spending some big bucks. Again, just my .02...
wink.gif

Frame sliders help... Especially if the bike trips, or a low speed fall. End of story!!
biggrin.gif

Vortex frame sliders. Specially made for the busa. Plus if you get in a accident and your sliders get fried you can take the sliders off and put new ones on. they are 2 piece. I'm waiting for mine to come in now.

I use Billet frame savers there about 60 bucks and take it from me ...experienced with this one..I have laid my bike down twice, the first time I got off and walked away and it fell over...duh dummy me and the second time I was in the Dragon and laid my bike down doing about 45mph...If it was for my frame savers my bike would have been destroyed. The savers wasnt much left, but my bike survived...
smile.gif

Lockhart Phillips carbon fiber frame sliders for me. Couldn't see doing without 'em.

Baby_J___Screen_Fairings___Left.JPG

I have the carbon fiber ones also. Bought them from Suzuki for $99. It was kinda expensive to install them and they cost more than the plastic looking ones but the ends can be taken off and changed out.

DSC00487.JPG

I have a set of the LP carbon jobs here in the package. Did you guys install them or have a shop do it? I have plenty of tools and stuff but I just don't know about drilling holes in my fairing myself...

-Chris

Shogun billet sliders for me. I think they were 39.99 for the pair. Takes some balls to start cutting through your fairing but it is a pretty easy install.

Busa_washed_002.jpg

I have a set of the LP carbon jobs here in the package.  Did you guys install them or have a shop do it?  I have plenty of tools and stuff but I just don't know about drilling holes in my fairing myself...

-Chris
I had mine installed here in Hawaii. Was $85 to do it.

Installed mine myself. Lots of info here about how to perform the install. Hardest part is finding the center.

Back