Frame sliders

Darden

Registered
Thinking about putting some frame sliders on my '04 LE. I've seen them on some track bikes. But do they really protect your scooter?

Also, if you do recommend them for track racing, where's the best place to find them?

Thanks,

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>If you expect a kick in the balls, and get a slap in the face...... Consider it a victory!</span></span>

Not quite sure what an LE is...but I know on street bikes they definitely work....they will save a bunch of plastic, check ebay for some good deals on sliders.....

I wish I got them. A few weeks ago I did a low slide and scrached up my 2004 LE. I would have gotten the sliders earlyer but I could not bring myself to cut into the sides of the bike "too new"! Now I wish I did, probably would have saved the paint. This winter when I get the side painted frame sliders will be installed. E-Bay seems the best place to find them.
cussing.gif

LE stands for "Limited Edition". Which, best I can tell, the only thing different is that it's "RED". Oh, and there's this nifty little sticker on the dash that says "Limited".

Cutting holes:O I thought you just screwed them into the threaded frame holes. Don't know If I wanna start cutting plastic:(

LE stands for "Limited Edition".  Which, best I can tell, the only thing different is that it's "RED".    Oh, and there's this nifty little sticker on the dash that says "Limited".
There is more to it than that.

It comes with a turbo, carbo fiber rims and frame, and a built in palm pilot so you can store all the hotties numbers in it that flock to your bike.
biggrin.gif

I will get frame sliders one day. I wish all bikes came with them new. If you do a good job or pay someone to do a good job, the holes that need to be cut in the plastic will look like suzuki made the fairing that way. If you drop your bike in a parking lot you'll look like a fool, but your baby should come away unscratched!

Do a search on this site and you'll find some pics (and if I remember correctly I think there is even a step by step guide on how to cut your fairings.)

If the holes are cut right the sliders look sweet....I was nervous as hell, but with some patience and measure twice cut once....never mind that measure like ten friggin times then cut once....it is nerve racking but if you do it right it looks damn sweeeeeet!!!!!!!

I used play-doh on the inside of the fairing, put it back on and pressed against the engine bolts to find where to start the pilot hole....this put it dead on and it almost looks factory....used a whole saw and cut it so close you can't even see the gap between the slider and the plastic....just go for it....or get the no drill sliders that cost a hell of a lot more and don't look as good to me....Good luck....

I thought the LE was actually a SE "SPecial Edition" whoops....now I know and knowing is half the battle...

Cutting holes:O I thought you just screwed them into the threaded frame holes. Don't know If I wanna start cutting plastic:([/QUOTE]

Just do some research here and you'll see how many other victims avoided this simple DIY mod after a "simple driveway tip over costing them way more in time, money and headaches

That is all !

Frame sliders are not designed to save your plastics. They can limit plastic damage but they are designed to prevent frame damage.

I have read a few no cutting scenarios and don't think most would hold up in a real get off. I pitched the busa down the track tumbling and if they weren't bolted to the enging mounts it wouldn't be back on the road today. Good luck!

Frame sliders are designed to save the plastic, but if your Busa starts tumbling "All bets are off". The sliders will difinitely help with the slow/parked episodes (like my mishap that landed a few scratches in right side of my '04 LE). Sliders have become the next upgrade on my list. I wish I had them installed when I first looked into them, it would have saved my the hardache of repainting Diablobusa.
sad.gif
Atleast I'm not woried about cutting into the fairing to install them now. It's already scratched up a bit.
blush.gif

The LE does mean "Limited Edition", and it comes stock with CF dash, black powder coated frame/sub-frame/wheels, metal fleck red paint (that really looks good in the sun) and an outrages reputation (like the rest of the busas have
biggrin.gif
).

Cutting holes:O   I thought you just screwed them into the threaded frame holes.  Don't know If I wanna start cutting plastic:(
Hey bro do a search for bobbins and youll find out how people who use those little screw in sliders end up. I asked the same questions. Also Shogun has the hottest frame sliders. They have bullet shells in them thats what im going with. Hey how close are you to belleville IL?

Back