Fox news insults Canada's contribution in Afghanistan

Thats why we call it FAUX news...Cause its got too many lies and made up stories to ever pay attention to...

Sorry, I can't watch it.
I don't even need to watch it to not be offended.
News people are all the same - whatever sells.
Their opinion matters nada.
We have soldiers over there and some of them have died and are dying, what is to mock about that?.
I make up my own mind.

sure be insulted... then ask who cares.... does not make a bit of difference anyway.. so tired of everyone getting their poor feelings hurt... when the new administration is done, it wont matter anyway..

Red Eye is entertainment and not "News" Watch the show some time. They are jokes, get over it.

I think the Canadians have a right to be offended, I am offended that they don't realize that Afghanistan is a NATO effort. Rupert Murdoch and Fox News owes them an apology. I agree with Mike1180, I don't have to watch it to be offended there is no fair and unbiased reporting.

Interesting side note:

The Liberals in Canada consider the Military (in general) a very low priority. Not long ago they were in power for a dozen years. At the start of their reign, one of the first orders of business was to cancel a Military helicopter contract that the previous Conservative Government arranged. It was considered a waste of tax dollars.

This matters because most of the Canadian troops killed in Afghanistan have been killed by roadside bombs (IED's). Canadian troops have to drive everywhere they go in Afghanistan because they do not have the appropriate type of helicopter. The current Conservative government has placed an order but the waiting list is very long. If the previous Liberal Government did not cancel the contract - most of the Canadian soldier deaths would not have happened...

From what I saw, it was not as much an insult against the individual soldier (who fights just as bravely as any other soldier) but more of a toss at the Canadian government, who does not adequatley field an Army for even their own self-defense. One thing is right, the Canadian government has a 'get out of jail free' card because they border the US on 2 sides and they know we'll ride to the rescue. They don't even properly fund the little military they have.

Just think what would happen if the US were the same?

Yeah these guys all think it's real funny:

Four Canadian soldiers killed, eight wounded by insurgent bombs

Mar 21, 2009
Four Canadian soldiers, only days away from returning home from Afghanistan, were killed and eight of their comrades were wounded shortly after dawn while participating in Canada's largest combat operation since the Korean War. The deaths brought to 116 the number of Canadian soldiers who have died in Afghanistan since the first troops were deployed here early in the spring of 2002.

One thing is right, the Canadian government has a 'get out of jail free' card because they border the US on 2 sides and they know we'll ride to the rescue.

I don't want to open a debate about the armed forces (I was one in my youth).
Canada has 1/10 the population of the US.
So far US casualties in Afghanistan are 671.
If we were to go by population, we should only have 1/10 of the 671 or 67. There are 116 Canadians dead.
About twice as many.
I'm just saying that is not a "get out of jail free" position.

iCasualties | Operation Enduring Freedom

Attachments

• Deaths.bmp
    434.1 KB · Views: 227
If we were to go by population, we should only have 1/10 of the 671 or 67. There are 116 Canadians dead.
About twice as many.

I'm by NO means watering down the great loss that Canada has suffered but I just wonder if they had the proper funding of their military if the results would have been the same. Further on that thought...asumming they KNEW they were under armed they have to expect to have a greater death rate.

This being said I commend them for going to battle anyway...knowing they were underfunded and underarmored.

Many Many condolences to the families of the fallen soldiers of Canada. They are no less important or fighting no less courageous than we.:bowdown:

About twice as many.

Once again, would NEVER make light of the deaths of soldiers serving their country in wartime. Canada sends their sons to fight like the rest of us, and have taken a significant share of the losses in percentage with my deepest sympathy.

However, they have a very large country, albeit sparsley populated, that has a plethora of natural resources with strategic importance. Could they actually DEFEND it with the Army they currently field? No. Hell, the Texas ARNG could take Canada. Their government relies on the US to come to their aid them if attacked - and we would and should. They may be able to hold out with their heads in the sand for a long time, but it might come back to haunt them.

Back