Fork & tank compatibility question

Dehning

Registered
Hi, new guy here.

I picked up a project 2003 bike that is missing (amongst other things) forks, calipers and tank.

Can anybody tell me if the 08/09 forks with the radial calipers will fit the 1st gen triple tree or are there compatibility issues.

Same question for the tank.

Thanks!

I belive it can be done. But I believe its easier or maybe mandatory to move to a gen 2 wheel setup as well.

Its been done on here. Search may help.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi, new guy here.

I picked up a project 2003 bike that is missing (amongst other things) forks, calipers and tank.

Can anybody tell me if the 08/09 forks with the radial calipers will fit the 1st gen triple tree or are there compatibility issues.

Same question for the tank.

Thanks!

May I recommend you contact Daniel at CloudNineMotorSports.com Website is Gone as he has many extra OEM parts in stock. As well as many of the other board sponsors...all good peeps. Hayabusa.oRg - .oRg Sponsors

Good luck on getting your 'Busa back out on the road. You will find all the help with getting the info and the parts you need to get her running again.

Thanks for all the responses, tell me, has anybody compiled a list of parts that are compatible between Gen 1 & Gen 2 models ?

There's a thread out there but its kinda sloppy. I seen it when searching for that one.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd still like to know if the Gen II tank will fit the Gen 1 bike. As far as I know, the Gen II is less bulky, is that correct ? :dunno:

I was surprised to find that the windsheilds seem to be completely interchangeable.

Back