Change to 2008 Front Fork

sexyh

Registered
I own a 1999 Busa and was impressed with the 2008 radial front fork. I would like to change the front to the 2008 version. How would i be able to do this conversion?

One look and i am quite sure that i have to change the both calipers and front fork. But what other front parts are compatible without having to pay more. Or do i have to add some other parts......$$$$

Can i still keep the front fender, front wheel and the 3 pcs of triple clamp plus steering damper....please advicejavascript:emoticon('
fart.gif
')

Good question. I'd love to hear the answer to this one.

--Wag--

Of course you'd need new brake calipers but I don't see why not. Probably would have to use the 08 fender also or modify the 99-07 fender.

The forks will fit in the triple tree with no problem. However, you'll need to change the entire front end to make everyting work. Your busa fiender won't work nor will your brake rotors. Not sure about the wheel but I think you'll end up changing the entire front from the triple tree down. You won't gain a great deal of braking improvement unless you change the master cylinder as well and the Gixxer master cylinder will hit the cowling when you turn.

If it's just better brakes you want, I'd suggest you buy brembo brakes for your existing busa front.

Have a look at the link below.

It has a lot of interesting related links and info.

thumb_up.gif

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=47;t=86155;hl=
After reading this article, i am sure i can use my present disc on the 08 front fork cos with the radial brake calipers i can also custom make a 5 mm shim to add it between the front fork coupling for the fork and brake calipers.

Now i only need info as to whether the earlier model busa triple clamps (3 pcs) can still be used together with the original front wheel....?

Anyone knows the answer?
sadnews.gif

You won't gain a great deal of braking improvement unless you change the master cylinder as well and the Gixxer master cylinder will hit the cowling when you turn.
True, except when used in conjuction with a riser.
I'm using a 1 1/4" Genmar riser, 'cause I've lowered the front abit but, regardless it's not even close to touching.

Back