Fork oil capacity.

Hussar

Registered
I want to change the fork oil on my 99 'Busa but am reluctant to take out the springs as explained in the manual. (mainly cause it says compressing the forks requires an assistant and I usually work alone.) I know that when compressed the fork oil level should be 98mm from the top but my question is; what is the true oil capacity of each fork? I would like to be able to just drain out the old oil and then refill using an exact quantity using a large syringe. Does anyone know how much oil I should use ( to the nearest millilitre)?
sly.gif

I want to change the fork oil on my 99 'Busa but am reluctant to take out the springs as explained in the manual. (mainly cause it says compressing the forks requires an assistant and I usually work alone.) I know that when compressed the fork oil level should be 98mm from the top but my question is; what is the true oil capacity of each fork? I would like to be able to just drain out the old oil and then refill using an exact quantity using a large syringe. Does anyone know how much oil I should use ( to the nearest millilitre)?

View attachment 421272

download at 1st the gen1 manual here

then read my homepage where i show my 3rd hand for the legs to dismantle / put in pieces - here

plus watch my site here for the needed tools

and/or watch my youtube video (sorry in german) where u can see how my 3rd hand works.

Back