footpegs?????

I ordered a set of 2001 (chose a random year) TLR pegs last week. My just rang two minutes ago - it was the dealer telling me they're in! I'll report on them after I install them tonight.:;):

I just installed the Buell pegs yesterday and like the longer reach to the pegs but will have to get used to the position in the twisties . It feels like I dont have the leverage on the pegs anymore , but you should know Im only 5'7" . It's a little hard getting to the shifter but Im gonna get another stock shifter and try and extend the peg about 1" so it hit my toe better .

I just installed the Buell pegs yesterday and like the longer reach to the pegs but will have to get used to the position in the twisties . It feels like I dont have the leverage on the pegs anymore , but you should know Im only 5'7" . It's a little hard getting to the shifter but Im gonna get another stock shifter and try and extend the peg about 1" so it hit my toe better .
I had a shop extend my shifter 1-1/2 inches for my 14 EEE foot. Just make sure that the metal they extend with is thick enough for the length or it will want to bend inwards after a while. My shop used two plates welded together for the extended part after they cut the shifter close to the rear.

I normally have the Oberon billet pegs on. Come in a multiple of colors. Recently put the originals back one and ran off for a 1000 mile ride. Could be my imagination, but they feel a bit higher. Real subtle, but even a 1/2 seems to make quite a difference. (I'm 5'9").

Going back to the Oberon. $69, bolt right on, no mod needed.

http://www.topgearmotorcycle.com/footpegs.html

footpegs.jpg

smile.gif

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THE BUELL PEGS ARE COMFY? MY TL PEGS AREN'T BAD AS FAR AS COMFORT FOR THOSE LONG RIDES, BUT I LIKE THE FACT THAT THE BUELL GIVES ME MORE ROOM FOR THE "TALL PEOPLE" THE TL PEGS I BELIEVE DO SOAK UP THE VIBRATION A BIT W/ THE SMALL AMOUNT OF RUBBER ON THEM ,SO AM I RIGHT TO ASSUME THAT THE BUELL PEG'S WILL NOT BECAUSE THERE IS NO RUBBER.

Back