Flashing F1 code

pimpin420

Registered
Just had my 06 painted and just got done hooking up gas tank and now my FI light is on and have a flashing F1 code...any help on getting rid of this would be much appreciated
-Louie

Did you try searching for how to pull codes? There's a thread here somewhere that shows how to pull the codes and what the codes mean. If I get time later I'll try and find it for you

Just had my 06 painted and just got done hooking up gas tank and now my FI light is on and have a flashing F1 code...any help on getting rid of this would be much appreciated
-Louie
You probably have a sensor unhooked.  Did you remove the air box too, when removing the gas tank.  Two sensors on air box.
The code mode is entered by jumpering connector left side of ECM, under passenger seat.  White four terminal connector with only two terminals installed.  Jump the two terminals with a paper clip to put in "code mode", after turning on ignition, or starting.  FI display will show code EXX, details in manual for which error number is what sensor.

Does the bike start?

You probably forgot to hook up your Tip Over Sensor. It's located, or it's supposed to be located right in front of the battery on the right hand side.

Back