06 busa keeps getting a F1 code

T-RexFreeman

Registered
my 06 will run fine then the F1 code will show up and my FI light comes on i restart bike and it goes away. i would like to fix this problem it says in the manual i need a special tool to read codes in dealer mode where can i get a code reader and how much

Do a little searching, I don't tho I it's anything special. Something like a dealer mode switch.

Stop!!! Don't buy anything all you need is a simple wire and to do this....

Lookin for pic...hold on a bit....:)

Search the org for finding the codes. There a connection you can jump with a paper clip and read the codes without a tool.

Here you go. Do this. Little white plug under your seat.
This will put ecu into dealer mode and display code on dash in gauges.
Jump wires and turn key on.

91063e16.jpg

Key must be on, but doesn't matter if bike is running or not.
Since you have a hit and miss problem, leave the jumper wire in while you ride.
That way it'll flash "C" and the 2 digit number of the code/problem as it occurs.
If the FI light is not on the codes will not be present. They aren't stored in the ecu.

Thanks Sixpack for the clarification. I wasn't sure if it had to be on or not? Then I looked at my own pic that I posted in the other thread and noticed it was idling. So then I said I think it has to be running.

i did a resistance test on all of them and got nothing. having them serviced wont fix that will it sorry im kind of new to this but time are hard so trying to save a few bucks and do myself

Back