Flashing ECU

janik416

Registered
I know this is prob talked about alot in here but instead of me searching it i figured i just put i post up. Sorry for the lazyness. Is flashing the ECU the easiest and best way to eliminate the 186 limiter. And in any professonal motorcycle dyno able to do it?

I'll Let you know in a few days Im getting ready to do it to my bike. Looks easy. I have the ecu editor.

Sent mine off to BoostbySmith for 6th limiter removed, rev limiter raised, and Hard cut....all for my turbo build.

boost allso sells a derestrictore switch just goes in line on the bike, that would be easy and cheap , i had one

i ended going with the ecu editor when i had the bike tuned so i didnt need it any more!

sold it

flashing is the way to go. when i go big bore (wifey ok'd it, i still can't believe it :thumbsup:) i'll be using ecueditor to tune and activate nitrous (wifey doesn't know about that part) and a quickshifter.

• Haha
Reactions: Zee
flashing is the way to go. when i go big bore (wifey ok'd it, i still can't believe it :thumbsup:) i'll be using ecueditor to tune and activate nitrous (wifey doesn't know about that part) and a quickshifter.

Wow does she has a sister?

POWERHOUSE will be more than happy to flash your ECU. We would charge $60 . . . send us your box, tell us what you want modified, and we will send it back the same day . . .:beerchug:

Good timing on service Frank :) I can certainly build anyone hardware to do it themselves as there is so much you can do with ecu tuning :)

U need some mods and tuning to pick up power, there isnt 25 hp to pick up ftom just reflashing or anything
Posted via Mobile Device

i got pc and all other small mods, does the flash take place of pc or does it add performance to the pc?

I will be heading to see frank soon (never mind the 3 hour plus ride to get there lol)to have mine done I will make sure I post before and after dyno with a few extra goodies
by the way thanks for taking the time to talk on the phone frank

Hopefully the interview goes good tomorrow and I get the the job. This is something I would like to do to my bike.

Thanks Smithabusa for your help. I will say flashing the ecu is so much easier than hooking up a pc. It was very easy to hook up once i found that the wires were not pushed in all the way. hehehe
:thumbsup:

Back