First trip to the track on my BUSA!!

teezy

Registered
My 03 Hayabusa..... mods! HMF big bird,pc3r,bmc race filter,16/42 sprocket,lowered to the middle hole and strapped

The weather was HOT AS FAWK!!! 102 degrees.. last pass I made it was 95 degrees

I made 19-20 passes and was tucking the slips in my jacket. I lost one or two...

I spun real bad on a few due to a car that left alittle liquid on the track so I didnt bother to stop and get the slips.

The bike measures 58 inches,weighs 750lbs with me on it and I was on the stock tire!! I rode a bike down the track one time before this 10 years ago. This was the first time I launched the busa ever. Practice makes perfect!!

Hope you enjoy because I sure as hell did!!!

DSC01087.jpg

DSC01088.jpg

10.58@140
10.37@141
10.34@141
10.32@140
10.24@141
10.22@140
10.18@139
10.18@140
10.16@140
10.07@141
10.06@141
10.04@141
10.02@141
10.02@141
10.00@141

FRUSTRATION MOUNTS!!!!
DSC01094.jpg

IF YOU DONT SUCCEED TRY AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN THEN!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
image-130.jpg

I have been struggling with what to name her, then it came to me after last night!! A busa called QUEST
image-131.jpg

BEST 60FT WAS A 1.67 but I hit the limiter in 1st.

You can claim a 9 second bike now :bowdown: I need to get my Gen II to the track. Maybe this fall, she runs so strong in cooler weather.

Good job man! I'm still trying to get there myself.

Man I had both track guys and even the announcer in the town pulling for me. That 10.008 was killing me. I let it cool for about 30 minutes and ran the 9

Definately took finding the sweet spot on the launch,shifts and getting tucked.

:cheerleader:

You can claim a 9 second bike now :bowdown: I need to get my Gen II to the track. Maybe this fall, she runs so strong in cooler weather.

I cant wait till it cools off!! the heat kills these things

I know it will go faster, you have the best and fastest color!!!:thumbsup:

I just ordered the ram air seals and plan on running without a air filter next time. Fingers crossed!! Would love to see a 9.8x!!

I dont know if I can better the 60ft!! A low 1.6 would rock!!

I want to push the tire back to 60' and get some 1.5's

well done :beerchug: , thinking about tracking mine next year

that was my first and will not be my last!!! Im looking at motorcycle trailers now!!

Looks good man...my 1st busa was that color

its my favorite color!!

Great job! Im still looking for my 9. ran 10.10 last october. It was 48 degrees out and I kept spinning. Recently I have replaced the stock Battle axes with power pilots, went down 1 tooth in the front(17), and will be adding a #4 Weight to the oil cooler bracket. Hopefully I can squeek out a 9.9 on Friday when I go for the first time this year.
The bike:
2009 White, 5500 miles, -1 tooth front, rear lowered 2" front 1" plus strapped. Hot bodies slip ons, Everything else as purchased new(stock).
Rider: 6"1", 250# +full leather suit:laugh:

Great job! Im still looking for my 9. ran 10.10 last october. It was 48 degrees out and I kept spinning. Recently I have replaced the stock Battle axes with power pilots,

Battle axes are the stuff :rofl: Thats whats on my bike now!!

went down 1 tooth in the front(17), and will be adding a #4 Weight to the oil cooler bracket. Hopefully I can squeek out a 9.9 on Friday when I go for the first time this year.

Can I see the whole slip?

The bike:
2009 White, 5500 miles, -1 tooth front, rear lowered 2" front 1" plus strapped. Hot bodies slip ons, Everything else as purchased new(stock).
Rider: 6"1", 250# +full leather suit:laugh:

naaace!!!

they let you go that fast in jeans there??? good job tho, your def on the right track the 60 ft times will get better then the et will follow

I just picked up this for the track
3k23mb3o35O15X45S6b7b4ef3e21b0a5412b2.jpg

Next round will be in the next few weeks!

*trackarm with lower brace
*drag radial
*ram air seals
*remove air filter

looking to stretch it 60-61 inches. Goal is 9.5x's

Battle axes are the stuff :rofl: Thats whats on my bike now!!

they did ok the first 1k miles then went to crap. terrible in cold weather.

Can I see the whole slip?

I will post slips Saturday. I dont have the old ones

naaace!!!

xxxxx

Congrats on your 9-second pass!!! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

The good news is you can still go MUCH quicker. Based on your 330' and 1/8 you need to get wide open throttle sooner. Not much you can do with the heat but when it cools down, I see you going 9.6's with much better MPH... ;)

Congrats on your 9-second pass!!! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

The good news is you can still go MUCH quicker. Based on your 330' and 1/8 you need to get wide open throttle sooner. Not much you can do with the heat but when it cools down, I see you going 9.6's with much better MPH... ;)

My issue there is getting my feet on the pegs. Im not real limber so its kinda hard to do and takes a sec. Been stretching alot.

I think a air shifter would help.

what should my 330' be?

I understand and have the same problem. Some people launch with there left foot on the peg but it throws me off balance. An air shifter will drop your times even more...

Like it sits now, 4.1-4.2 with your mods.....also getting wide open throttle sooner should get your MPH in the 115-116+ area 1/8 (6.1-6.2)which should drop you down to the 9.6-9.7 1/4 @ 144-145+... ;)

Are you running 87 gas? Once you get that down you could have it tuned for MR12 and shoot for 9.4's... :laugh:

The best part is you are consistently going faster and learning. That's what you need and your progress is great... :thumbsup:

I understand and have the same problem. Some people launch with there left foot on the peg but it throws me off balance.

SAME HERE!!

An air shifter will drop your times even more...

foot shifting is fun though

Like it sits now, 4.1-4.2 with your mods.....also getting wide open throttle sooner should get your MPH in the 115-116+ area 1/8 (6.1-6.2)which should drop you down to the 9.6-9.7 1/4 @ 144-145+... ;)

i could handle that!!

Are you running 87 gas?

Yes sir

Once you get that down you could have it tuned for MR12 and shoot for 9.4's... :laugh:

is that the oxygenated fuel?

The best part is you are consistently going faster and learning. That's what you need and your progress is great... :thumbsup:

Thank you sir!!

Back