First time to dc! amazing!

BUSA_CHeMiST

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, this is my very first time to visit our Nations capitol!! My brother is a "firstie" this year at the United States Air Force Academy and is presently doing an internship with Congressman Gene Taylor (MS).

It was absolutely amazing! Great place! I got to play tourist on my day off and took lots of pics! Enjoy!

George W wasnt home, he was at Camp David.

DSCN0406.JPG

Kinda hard to read, but this saying was etched into the wall at the Korean Memorial..... "FREEDOM IS NOT FREE"

DSCN0425.JPG

This is my favorite picture of ALL!  Elderly couple wanted an etching of a relatives name from the wall, so a father volunteered himseld and his son to reach it for them!  

THIS IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!!

<!--EDIT|BUSA_CHeMiST
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150235163 -->

DSCN0434.JPG

I cant tell you how amazing this trip was! With a family member in the military, and my friends here on at the Org who serve our country, it really put it in persepctive for me.

MC MUSTANG, NJ, and the rest of you who do what you do for this country, I cant thank you enough!

Lots of very nice tributes in the D.C. area and a lot of other history, as well.

Great pics! I used to live in Lexington Park, Md. My wife and I made it a point to go up to DC every weekend and see something new. My favorite spot was at the Wall.

UNfortunately i was only in DC for this past monday. Didnt even have a chance to break the bikes out and tour the city. I just arrived in New Jersey this afternoon, and will be in Queens by tomorrow (wednesday)

NOt sure of the schedule yet for New York City, but im really lookin forward to spedin some time down in the city! Anyone have any pointers for a greenhorn??

Man, how cool, I would love to go see it all one day to...nice shots
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
pics... my faviorite is the kid with his dad on the wall. I went to DC many years ago as a young teenager. I knew it was something special then but i'd LOVE to go back again someday. Still serving the in the Air Force and knowing more now than i did then would make the trip that much more special! Thanks for sharing your pics!!

And ---- Appearantly the President wasn't at Camp David after all??

I still haven't seen the Vietnam Wall and want to go so badly...waiting 'til my boys are a bit older so I can explain to them the significance of being there...

Awesome pics! Thanks for posting them up
cool.gif

Back