First ride of the season!!

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Usually a big deal anyway, right? We wait (sometimes even longer than normal because Punxsutawney Phil loves snow) for that first nice day where the sun isn't setting by 5:00 p.m., for the chance to wash the bike, to crank it up and hold our breaths until that familiar sound begins because you used a battery tender all winter like everyone says to damn it! :D

I've waited for over a year for today's ride. It was my first trip out where I didn't feel so empty and sad knowing my Dad isn't around to start the riding season too. He loved the warm days like today, though he would have wondered all day of it's going to rain due to the cloud cover. I always told him those are my favorite days to ride - overcast so you're not baking on the Busa like a hotdog over a campfire stuck on a skewer, not fighting the sun's glare and hoping cagers aren't either...only had one WTH moment with a "soccer mom" type. No sweetie, you can't multitask and operate that SUV-the-size-of-a-department-store without drifting in to our lane... :banghead:

So many other bikers out today too...wave, wave, wave, crap! I just waved to a scooter! I admit it, I own it, little 50cc scoot on the shoulder :hide: It was just so nice to be riding, I couldn't help myself, and I am pretty sure said scooter did not reciprocate :laugh:

It was a great day to get out on two, and even though it would have been so much better with Dad there, it was a relief that I finally got in my Busa, over a year and a half after losing him, and I actually enjoyed myself. My Busa is now 11, and it rides and feels like it did when I just bought it...my smile is just as big and I wouldn't trade those feelings for anything right now. It felt so great to feel that way again...it's been too long.

Caesar and Violet are tucked away for a bit longer...rain tomorrow, possible snow Tuesday. Can someone please shoot that stupid ground hog now? :please:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Last edited:
pics or it didnt happen...and send some of the ride this way too..... :whistle:

Glad you had a good day out.:thumbsup:
Took my son out on the bike a couple of weeks ago.
His first time on a bike.
He loved it and is now thinking of getting a bike himself.

Me being a parent I said don't get one there dangerous.:laugh:
And he's not a youngster he's 34.

Glad you had a good day out.:thumbsup:
Took my son out on the bike a couple of weeks ago.
His first time on a bike.
He loved it and is now thinking of getting a bike himself.

Me being a parent I said don't get one there dangerous.:laugh:
And he's not a youngster he's 34.

That's funny...don't get one, they're dangerous. I often wonder how I'd feel if my boys start to ride street bikes. They are both experienced dirty bikers. Right now, I just wish they'd get on the back with Omar and I and take a spin, but they both use my excuse of being control freaks and that they don't want to ride on the backs of bikes. I can't really argue with them on that :laugh:

Michelle,
Glad you were able to navigate through your tough spell. Time has a way of muting the pain and allowing us to get back to who we are. Happy for you!!

As for the ride, this particular March in Ohio has sucked beyond belief. I did get out yesterday 40 deg, but its in the 20's for the next 5 days....need a nuke for that darned ground hog, to make sure we get him!

Michelle,
Glad you were able to navigate through your tough spell. Time has a way of muting the pain and allowing us to get back to who we are. Happy for you!!

As for the ride, this particular March in Ohio has sucked beyond belief. I did get out yesterday 40 deg, but its in the 20's for the next 5 days....need a nuke for that darned ground hog, to make sure we get him!

Thanks FALQN :) It certainly wasn't planned...I just go through the motions, you know? But yesterday just felt right for the first time, and we didn't even go on a great ride or a long ride, but I came back feeling great! It's a welcome feeling... :)

I cannot imagine living any further north than I do, so I truly feel for those above me! Virginia has seen way more snow and ice than we ever see, and we hate it!! Nuke Phil! I love it! :laugh:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

I tell the kids, my other son is 28 that it can be dangerous because of other drivers on the road.

The only good gopher is a dead gopher - Bill Murray in Caddyshack - I can't tell the difference between a gopher and a ground hog anywhy... So consider the Ground hog shot :)

I'm ready for spring too...

Glad you were able to get out and stretch your busa legs!

We've still got several inches of snow/ice at our place :banghead:

Back