First Pic Stretched!!

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
I finally got all stretched out a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, I don't have a cam right now. But there will be more pics to come.

Mine is the black one in the back. The black and blue one is a guy named Nick. Check out the dump pipes on his bike. He ain't playin fair.

DOn't flame me for just one pic. There will be more eventually. Need more $$$$$ for mods!!

Stretched_Busa_1.jpg

Guido, I was having the same thought! How long is that stretch?

I lookes good, but, I bet your gonna have very little traction now...

David

How do you guys figure no traction? If it's got a good enough tire, it'll hook just fine. Nice looking, needs lowered though, looks like a hill climber!!!!!

I agree, on a prepped track...
But on the street, that bikes gonna spin like crazy in the first 3 or 4 gears...

David

Nah, it will spin in 1st if you whack the throttle, but that's about it. I guess I'll have to come on down to Tex-ass and show ya first hand this winter..........

I am sorry, you had an 02 Black and Blue in the pic and I was unable to notice anything else.....
wow.gif

Damn... that's a stretch. did you have to register the a$$ as a trailer?
laugh.gif
poke.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Come on, I'll put ya up for a few days and we can tour the South/Central Texas area...
You can either ride my Busa or one of the BlackBirds...

Now, the reason I say that the traction will be reduced is, when I first stretch/extended mine, I went about 7"over...
And could not get it to hook up...
So, I started to remove chain links, one at a time, until I had better traction and could still keep the front end down...
I ended up at around 4" or 5" over and now all is well...
I can launch much harder, keep the front down and the tire has little or no spin at the track...

David

It's right at 8" right now. It is doing okay. The gearing at 16/42 is great. It hooks pretty good, I really need a new tire. Thinking bout a Shinko 003.

Those are 6-9" extensions. Don't ask the brand!! I may go back down to 6 inches. Lowering is in my future, as well as an exhaust, and a lil more bling.

Overall it feels pretty good. It does spin a little bit when I nail it, but this is just my first whack at riding stretched. If I continue to like it, I will invest in an arm and a little motor work!!

Thanks for the compliments.

I didn't mind the black and blue being right there cause my bike was a little dirty. New chain kicks up a shidload of grease, especially when you are missing the chain guard right now!!

Definetly lower it, that will help things a lot.

Oh and buy a camera or a new phone!!!

(Devious @ Oct. 02 2006,10:56) Come on, I'll put ya up for a few days and we can tour the South/Central Texas area...
You can either ride my Busa or one of the BlackBirds...

Now, the reason I say that the traction will be reduced is, when I first stretch/extended mine, I went about 7"over...
And could not get it to hook up...
So, I started to remove chain links, one at a time, until I had better traction and could still keep the front end down...
I ended up at around 4" or 5" over and now all is well...
I can launch much harder, keep the front down and the tire has little or no spin at the track...

David
What tire were you using sir? You need a sticky tire, that's for sure. I would love to come check out your neck of the woods over the winter, don't be suprised to hear from me!!!

Pilot Powers...
And I'm serious about coming down for a vacation...

Back