First Pic Stretched!!

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
I finally got all stretched out a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, I don't have a cam right now. But there will be more pics to come.

Mine is the black one in the back. The black and blue one is a guy named Nick. Check out the dump pipes on his bike. He ain't playin fair.

DOn't flame me for just one pic. There will be more eventually. Need more $$$$$ for mods!!

Stretched_Busa_1.jpg

How do you guys figure no traction? If it's got a good enough tire, it'll hook just fine. Nice looking, needs lowered though, looks like a hill climber!!!!!

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
I agree, on a prepped track...
But on the street, that bikes gonna spin like crazy in the first 3 or 4 gears...

David

Nah, it will spin in 1st if you whack the throttle, but that's about it. I guess I'll have to come on down to Tex-ass and show ya first hand this winter..........

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
Come on, I'll put ya up for a few days and we can tour the South/Central Texas area...
You can either ride my Busa or one of the BlackBirds...

Now, the reason I say that the traction will be reduced is, when I first stretch/extended mine, I went about 7"over...
And could not get it to hook up...
So, I started to remove chain links, one at a time, until I had better traction and could still keep the front end down...
I ended up at around 4" or 5" over and now all is well...
I can launch much harder, keep the front down and the tire has little or no spin at the track...

David

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
It's right at 8" right now. It is doing okay. The gearing at 16/42 is great. It hooks pretty good, I really need a new tire. Thinking bout a Shinko 003.

Those are 6-9" extensions. Don't ask the brand!! I may go back down to 6 inches. Lowering is in my future, as well as an exhaust, and a lil more bling.

Overall it feels pretty good. It does spin a little bit when I nail it, but this is just my first whack at riding stretched. If I continue to like it, I will invest in an arm and a little motor work!!

Thanks for the compliments.

I didn't mind the black and blue being right there cause my bike was a little dirty. New chain kicks up a shidload of grease, especially when you are missing the chain guard right now!!

(Devious @ Oct. 02 2006,10:56) Come on, I'll put ya up for a few days and we can tour the South/Central Texas area...
You can either ride my Busa or one of the BlackBirds...

Now, the reason I say that the traction will be reduced is, when I first stretch/extended mine, I went about 7"over...
And could not get it to hook up...
So, I started to remove chain links, one at a time, until I had better traction and could still keep the front end down...
I ended up at around 4" or 5" over and now all is well...
I can launch much harder, keep the front down and the tire has little or no spin at the track...

David
What tire were you using sir? You need a sticky tire, that's for sure. I would love to come check out your neck of the woods over the winter, don't be suprised to hear from me!!!

Most likes - Past 7 days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PFL1993