First gear ratio

Billy makes 1st , 5th , 6th gears ( 5 , and 6 being over drives for LSR ) his 1st I believe is shorter to aid the LSR builds to get rolling as many run 20/3X gearing .

Here is his web site . He talked me out of a overdrive gear set when he found out I was not LSR racing as the gearing is not a few hundred rpms change but 1000 rpms , and stock motor wont pull the ratios

Has anyone here, and or is it possible to change the ratio of first gear to allow for launches when street roll racing? Allowing longer 1st pulls might be advantageous.
HI. greag3852. I have only seen shorter gearing, but if any one knows it is Robinson Trans # 631-360-9219. They are a little hard to get a hold off. I have the shoter 1s gear and the over drive 5th and 6th gears. I have a new # 508-496-3312.

Thanks guys. Since I've had so much time to watch and look while waiting to get back into a Busa, the constant complaint of not being able to use 1st is common. Even when my bike was built, roll racing at 60mph was odd. It put the Busa directly in a place where 1st was useless as you'd be too high in the rpm range and 2nd was just too low. If first was longer, I think it could cause the Busa to sit in the sweet spot for 60mph pulls and cause a lot of problems for the competition. Obviously I'm not talking stock motor bikes.

How fast are these rolls going? Gear the bike so 2nd not too low anymore and just hope the race is over before you run out of gearing. It's like a less expensive way do so the same thing.

Plus if you were to just make 1st longer you'd also be making the time in 2nd shorter. 1 more shift could mean the difference between a win and a loss.

I'd imagine that the solution is going to be individual, based on weight, power, length, and sprocket choices. I'm not sure you can know what trans gears will work best until you know what kind of power you have and what the package will weigh.

Ah hell it wont be till next year. But that just gives me all the time in the world to think about what I want to do. Which is dangerous.

I cant decide between building a nitrous bike or a turbo bike. Nitrous bike will be faster but probably not as reliable as the turbo.

Ah hell it wont be till next year. But that just gives me all the time in the world to think about what I want to do. Which is dangerous.

I cant decide between building a nitrous bike or a turbo bike. Nitrous bike will be faster but probably not as reliable as the turbo.
HI. For 9/10 mile I would go with a turbo and nos. Use the nos to spin up the turbo and to help cool the fuel charge. What do you want to use for fuel? Pump 93 or VP X98? Have it set up to run 93 on street,and a tune for kill with VP X98 for roll racing.

7.C RIDING APPAREL: All motorcycle riders are required to use the following riding equipment, except where clearly inconsistent with Streamliner rules. 7.C.1 Rider’s Helmet: A: All drivers/riders must wear a full-face helmet with face shield. B: Helmets will be certified to the end of their SNELL lifecycle +1 year. C: Helmets will be visually inspected each meet to determine that it is undamaged and in serviceable condition D: Snell M or SA 2010, 2015, 2020 or ECE 22-05 is required. E: Snell 2010 helmets will not be allowed after 2021. F: Riders must demonstrate proper helmet fit and “roll off” resistance. G: Motorcycle streamliners, require SA rated helmets. H: Eyeglasses worn under the helmet must be shatterproof. 7.C.2 Leathers: A: Leathers suitable for the application are required. B: One-piece suits or two-piece suits zippered together are allowed. C: Required over 175 MPH: 1: One piece or two-piece leathers with full (270 degree) zipper. 2: Special protective armor, with a minimum of coverage at elbows, knees, shoulders, hips and back. 3: Undergarments having the required armor coverage are acceptable. 4: Full spine protection in required. Aerodynamic humps will not meet spine protection requirement. D: Perforated leathers and leathers with vents are allowed. E: Motorcycles under 125 mph that meet the above requirements may wear full textile suits that incorporate ballistic textile. 7.C.3 Boots: Zipper, buckle or lace up leather boots of substantial construction are required and must be at least 8 in. high. 7.C.4 Gloves: Leather gloves are required. No perforated or skeleton gloves are permitted.

Back