Turbo sand rail wanting more 1st gear torque

fns

Registered
I am putting together my second turbo hayabusa powered sand rail. The first one we did runs great the only complaint I have is 1st gear starting off. I have played with smaller front sprockets and larger rear sprockets. I want to see about getting more 1st gear torque out of the transmission. I know that a few places make 1st gears that can allow the bikes to have a higher mph in first gear with a little less torque. Does anyone make a 1st gear that has a lower mph giving more torque?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Am I getting this backwords? I seen the robinson gear and I thought it was to increase mph in 1st gear?? I need lower speed.

This is the discription they list on their website "Replacing the 1st driven gear only with the Robinson industries 1st gear will lower the ratio from 2.61:1 to 2.69:1, allowing you to run a tall enough final drive so it does not hit the rev limiter before the end of the quarter mile. A must for those who want to get the lowest E.T. and best M.P.H. out of their Hayabusa."

Does anyone know if a gsxr 750 gear seat will go into a hayabusa? It looks like the gearing would be better for my application.

it slows down first gear so you can run enough rear sprocket to not limit in 6th. basically, if you run enough gear to not hit the limiter, 1st gear would be sluggish. this changes first gear to a greater torque multiplication so you can run a sprocket for higher speed, but still have enough torque in first to get out of the hole with authority.

You can also remove the gear restrictions(timing) with ecu editor if you haven't already.
It really wakes the bike up in 1st through 4th, and 1st and 2nd are much stronger.

Back