Congrates on your 08 johnstein , I am one of the haters of the new busa's
banghead.gif
but I am truly happy for you

Decisions, decisions.

Must be a tough choice when you grab your helmet, eh John
rock.gif

BTW, that 05, about $100, cash waiting
laugh.gif

thats more than the dealer offered ! they said milage too high . it runs better than ever! everytime i go in for an oilfilter and oil , they ask how many miles ? they said most people total them in under 12000 miles , i asked about an 18000 mile service , they had to look it up cause they had never done one . once the exhaust is mounted on the 08 , the 05 will get a well deserved break , triin to get my brothers riding .
beerchug.gif

Nice bike's. Just keep the 05 and let it out to breath once and a while. in 25 years it will be worth a whole lot more than you paid for it.
beerchug.gif
And they do look good together.
bowdown.gif

This black on black crime has got to stop! Oh wait a minute, they're not fighting they're posing. In that case they look great together, congrats!!
laugh.gif

HEY HEY HEY.......now "THAT'S" HOT !!!!!!!! A generation I, and a generation II in roughly the same paint scheme........EXCELLENT".........
super.gif

No, I think the width is about the same, they did however run some rubber in tight to the motor and frame in some spots, looks like it might help with wind drag? I just spent about 2 hours looking at the new one at my dealer on saturday. They tried to talk me out of my '06. I like the fit and finish upgrades, but I am still a little leary.

Thanks for the comparative thoughts. When I sat on the '08, the first thing I noticed was the back edge of the fairings taper in closer to the frame, so the knees can tuck in without bumping into the back edge. Very comfortable, in my opinion.

Back