FINALY GOT MY NEW BLUE

OB_BIGJIM

Registered
Hey BusaDudes
I picked up my blue/silver yesterday. Road home from the dealer just before dark and froze, but it was well worth it. Even though it was still cold today I had to take it for a quick spin (25 mi). Handles like I am floating in mid-air. I can't wait to finish breaking her in so I can see what all she has to offer. I just finished taking off all of the annoying stickers and putting on two coats of wax. I can't wait to take it out tomorrow.
Does anyone know if they make a blue tank-bra? If so where could I get one. Any break-in-tips or cautions(ie. sidestand) would be helpful. By the way this is my 1st bike.

thanks bigjim

BigJim. Congrats. Blue and silver is a great paint scheme. Now regarding tank bras. My recommendation is don't get one. From what I understand dirt tends to get behind the bra and scratch the tank, but what is worse it covers up the nice blue and silver paint!

What I did was go to a shop that customizes trim on cars. They have this clear plastic that they can apply to the tank. I don't know the name of it offhand. But they apply it, with water (to keep the plastic from sticking until they are done). They stretch the plastic around the curves - works real well if the person knows what they are doing. Then they heat it up a bit with a blow dryer. Voila, clear plastic on your tank. Sticks good and apparently can be removed later if you want. Best of all your paint job shows through. You can hardly see the plastic unless you are looking closely. I highly recommend this. I will never get a tank bra!

It cost me about $30USD to get this done.

The Busa was my second bike, my first was a R6 that I had for about 6 months. As long as you don't think that you are Nicky Haden then you should be fine. The biggest thing is to take a rider saftey class, they will teach you how to react when people in cages cut you off or pull out in front of you. I have been riding for about a year now and have had it happen twice already. Good luck.

Hey Busa friends, just got back from trading my 95 RF900R in for the 2000 Blue/Silver 'Busa. Should take delivery in two or three weeks...still waiting for the snow to melt!!

BigJim....1st bike? A 'Busa? WOW, be careful, we don;t want to read you as a statistic somewhere! Good luck with the new bike.

You hear it alot around here, but the Busa is a great bike. The more you ride it, the more multi-purpose it becomes. You will always get that first ride thrill everytime you mount her. Excellent Choice....

That's great! I got my Blue busa last Tuesday, still 0 miles on it, still snow on the ground and lots of sand. No rush, hopefully by April I can ride.

Removed all the warning decals, would like to add that one someone made, with the funny comments. Might still make em! Wouldn't cost me much..

I installed Mototeck's blue face guages! HIGHLY recommended! They look great and really stand out!!
www.mototeck.com

Also threw on some RS3 RaceOnly Titanium slip ons, sounds nice! Not to annoying like most 4-1's but she should howl from 8-redline...

This is my 4th street bike in 9 years, grew up on dirtbikes before that since I was 6.

Have fun! A keep the rubber side up! WAY UP! (just kidding)

Have you made out your will? Just kidding but I do hope everything goes well for you. Please ease into the power till you get used to it. Follow the break in recommendation in the owner's manual. Suzuki, Targa, Second Look, Bagster, Lockhart Phillips and others sell tank bras for the Busa - take your pick. Congrads on your new purchase and welcome to Hayabusa.org!

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 19 March 2000).]

BIGJIM

Congratulations and welcome to the club.
Just don't forget to put it in gear before you put the side stand down.
Good luck with it and may you have many miles of fun with it.

Ride Safe, RJ

BIGJIM:
Congrats on your new Busa.I hope you have many trouble free miles ahead.I havent ridden mine yet but I am ready as soon as the weather breaks.

Ride safely........

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate your advice. Hopefully I can ride her tomorrow when it is a bit drier. Does Suzuki have a special site for Hayabusa gear (tank bra, helmets, jackets, gloves, ect.)?
Thanks agian BIGJIM

Back