Finally....the first Ride....OMG :-)

tvrfan2003

Registered
First, to those that responded to my earlier "silly question" thread on clutch noise, thanks, and all is well...as suggested, normal, and once warmed up hardly noticeable. Fact that its 1 degree above 0 here (Ontario Canada) was likely part of it :-)

Anyway, bike dlvd Wed, and was waiting for full face helmet and warmer weather to arrive , but hey the sun is shining and hypothermia isn't that bad is it? (by the way thanks to Bubba and Twotonevert for the heads up on cold tires, and taking it easy the first few miles!). Was a cautious 50 miles to say the least given cold temps and dry but sand debris covered streets. The bike is amazing to ride and after about 50 miles, (yea i know not far, but even with a few layers its still damn cold out there today :-) )realized how easy it is to ride and how comfortable it is! Sure doesnt take much throttle to launch or make progress. :-) Now I understand why all of you love these bikes....
Now where's that warmer weather?

welcome to the wonderful world of hayabusa ownership!

Now that you have one you see why we all love them so much, and im with you on the "warmer weather" thing...not too much better here in northern Indiana...:beerchug:

Obligated eh? Don't laugh, my wife has already told me the long talked about trip to the east coast is happening this year....and now that I have a bike I actually like, we are taking the bikes! Just have to figure out what time of year to go to miss the rain:laugh::

1°F? Damn, and some people think that I'm crazy for riding when it was in the 30s here in Florida. If you haven't already, might want to invest in some of those hand grip warmers. That and maybe some of those lil hand warmer packets to keep your balls from icing over!

As the others have said and you've acknowledged, theres a lot of power under those fairings. Take it easy and get to know the bike or she'll learn you a lesson the hard way.

Warm weather and many safe miles to ya brother! :thumbsup:

Thanks, good advice..funny, you KNOW its going to be fast, but....
What amazed me was that it has power at any rpm, in ANY gear And unlike the 600's, the torque is EVERYWHERE :-) ANyway, was hoping to get it out today for some more miles, but just looked out and its SNOWING:mad2:
Heated grips might be a plan as usualy ride to November and start early..with this bike, thats definetly going to happen! :laugh:

Glad you are having fun. If you plan to do some touring, I got a heck of deal from newenough on some soft bags. How long do you plan to be gone? The busa is a great bike for long distances.

bags 004.jpg

Plan is to put some miles on this year, so luggage will be a must. Wife only started riding about 3 years ago, so our daughter rides with me, so looking at a small Motech rack in place of handrail, with a SMALL topbag that will give my 12 year old something behind her, and would like to get some soft bags like yours as well. They look like they expand quite a bit? What brand are they? tks

Obligated eh? Don't laugh, my wife has already told me the long talked about trip to the east coast is happening this year....and now that I have a bike I actually like, we are taking the bikes! Just have to figure out what time of year to go to miss the rain:laugh::

Early September.
See you there.
I'll be making the run at least twice, possibly three times.

There will be road work in the Federal part of the Park in the North and a little bit between St. Anne and Smokey.

If you need anything just send a E-mail or PM.

-Bob

Back