Finally! A sport rider waved...

Would you wave em in a car?
Would you wave em at the bar?

Would you wave em in the rain?
Would you wave em in a plane?

Would you wave em here or there?
Would you wave em anywhere?

"I would, I would wave", shouted Mikey D!
"I'd even wave em from a tree!"

"I'd wave the Popo here and there!"
"I'd wave the Popo anywhere!"

cool.gif
blush.gif
jump9.gif

That's a good one, although 7 years in college as an English major, and that's the best you can do?

tounge.gif

I try and wave to everyone, from the Po Po's (or is that Poo Poo's??, 50% wave back,), to the Harleys (20% wave back), to the jap-cruisers (70% wave back except Road Star riders, I've yet to see one wave back), to Sport bikes (80% wave back) to the Tourers (99.997% wave back) to the Mods riding there new, old Vespa/Cushman look-alike Yamahas (10% wave back, but only because they are either pissing their pants from fright or simply overwhelmingly surprised that ANYONE waved to them).

The key is this... why not wave to everyone? (2-wheeled of course. If you wave to everyone you might want to take less Prozac). As motorcyclists we need all of the good vibes and positive outlook we can get from Joe Public. It encourages camaraderie within the ranks and it also makes the cage drivers think twice about our 'bad ass hooligan' image. "Look Sally, the nice sportbiker if friendly to everyone. Not like that idiot who passed us on the left at 140mph last Sunday. They must not be all be rude and inconsiderate as I thought. I think I'll vote against that bill raising their insurance rates or taking away their ability to ride on the trails in the forest on the next poll day."

Our image as motorcyclists affects our future as motorcyclists. If the Harley rider doesn't wave back...... well...... look at what he rides.... he's obviously not a stranger to making poor decisions (or she for those of you that are PC)
tounge.gif

"Look Sally, the nice sportbiker if friendly to everyone. Not like that idiot who passed us on the left at 140mph last Sunday.  They must not be all be rude and inconsiderate as I thought.  I think I'll vote against that bill raising their insurance rates or taking away their ability to ride on the trails in the forest on the next poll day."
Ok, first of all, I was wavin' at Sally, tryin' to pick 'er up. Second, I don't ride trails on my sport bike.
laugh.gif

cool.gif
blush.gif
jump9.gif

That's a good one, although 7 years in college as an English major, and that's the best you can do?

tounge.gif
How'd yaknow it was 7 years?

And actually I was a shop major.

Kinda explains it tho.
laugh.gif

Well, true, no trail riding on the street bikes could be considered a good thing... but I was speaking metaphorically of motorcyclists on the whole, including out DR/KLR/XR brethren:p

I take back what I said about Japanese not waiving. I just got back from a trip accross the main Island here (we put about 900Miles on the odometer in two days - but quite a but too much for my taste that I won't ride with those guys again) and once I got away from the main city areas amd into a little more open road, I actually had riders waive to us. Took me by surprise really. But in good fashion I returned the waive and smiled big as I could inside my helmet.

Just waive at everybody and as the quote goes, if they don't waive back FUG them.

busassidehelmet.JPG

cool.gif
blush.gif
VERY GOOD Mikey D; I always give the peace sign to all..

I got a dilemma for you , riding thru town the other day on the busa, i come up on an r1 just leaving a stop light and right behind him at least 20 adults and other tourists on scooters. Well I knew the r1 guy so I wave and it starts a chain reaction of all these tourists waving on these renta scooters. I was polite and waved but about 10 minutes later I see another group of these things. Am i obligated to wave to them too ... I am overly polite as some people have said from reading my posts when i got the 2 week , welcome to the gang at hayabusa.org you freak,stalker,stupid non helmet wearing momo...
beerchug.gif
I wave at cops , sport riders , harley riders ( whose bikes are obviously too rattly to let go and wave back ) but where does it stop. I mean i wave at kids on bikes that want to see wheelies , but tourist on scooters , come on now... stop the madness

nutkick.gif

No, not obligated in any fashion. I think it might be like the abortion issue... at what point is a fetus a person.... at what displacement are mopeds considered motorcycles? In my opinion, I'd say about 250CC or larger for moped-type bikes (Burgman and Reflexes are certainly motorcycles, despite being step-thrus) and any bike that looks like a UJM (Universial Japanese Motorcycle) or that you actually have to use a clutch on. Other opinions?

Hey BT are u in FL? If you are, can you delete a stupid ticket I just got on my brand new car from a stupid fuggin trooper that doesn't know how to drive? He had to be spanish too!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

Hey BT are u in FL?  If you are, can you delete a stupid ticket I just got on my brand new car from a stupid fuggin trooper that doesn't know how to drive?  He had to be spanish too!!!  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
mad.gif
No, not in FL... Hey, ummmmm, what does him being spanish have to do with anything? You don't use the lost in space, "No habla english..." trick on the non-spanish officers to get a break do you?
rock.gif

I don't get pulled over period...but this idiot wasn't paying attention and got freaked out when he saw my headlights so he slammed on the brakes, so he pulled me over and gave me a "invasion of right of way" ticket for $83!!!!!!!

So runnin' headlights is invasion of right of way in FL? Me thinks there's a bit more to the story than what you're tellin'...
rock.gif

Seriously...I was on a ONLY and was waiting for the last oncomming car to pass (which was the trooper), who was on the far right end lane (from 3 lanes)...and I wasn't even on the middle of the far left end lane when he slammed the brakes.
mad.gif

I would definitely wave to you bro, but around here some of the cops are such pric&s that they would give you a ticket for riding with one hand or something. Believe me when I tell you that I got a warning for having my stereo too loud, and when I say it wasnt loud it wasnt loud... I am 40 and he told me that if he could hear my stereo out my window that it was too loud.. I tried to be polite but I was like hey dumbass, its a freakin jeep, no top. no windows... guess a warning is better than a fine but come on... its a jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

maybe riders here in Canuck are nicer or something but I find that ALL sport/cruiser guys wave back to me and about 50% of the HD's boys will wave back too.

Back