Sport Rider magazine...

OB_Fast_Eddie

Registered
Went to New York this week for a conference and needed some reading material for the plane, so I picked up a copy of Sport Rider.

They have a monthly column called "Wheel Spin" and they flat out say "...Kawasaki's 12R and Suzuki's 2000 'Busa have electronic speed limiters.

Anyone else see this? I don't buy it myself, seems to me if they did, every test in existence would have the SAME top MPH reading for both bikes, if indeed they were electronically limited.

I say this because if indeed they were limited electronically, they both would perform up to that electronically limited point and that point only, correct??

They claim a best run of 184.0 for the 'Busa and 183.0 for the 12R...

Now I can't vouch for anything faster on my '00 because I have "only" seen 195 on the speedo. If I take Sport Rider's take as gospel, that would be around 6% speedo correction which from the factory is within reason (and Suzuki's spec').

They also claim in the column that the top speed for the '99 they tested was "only" 189.6, but also say that they were confident that it would have broken 190 if they didn't have problems with there test area.

I believe this to be total bullshit anyway. I think TurboRick was able to get way more than that on his stock '99, correct??

Anyone else see this and have an opinion??

BTW, they do say that they "deduced" this conclusion, meaning that they have absolutley no confirmation from either manufacturer.

Naaaaaaaaaaa, just think to yourself:

STUPID STUBBORN sugarbritches!!!

and the tension/frustration is gone already.

I thought the bible was the best money spinner ever - doesn't the Church own most of the land? :)

Back to the thread, I don't believe any of the bikes are limited yet.
Manufacturers would not spend money on more elaborate (and expensive) EMS's than those that are needed.

When they are limited it will be fairly obvious unless they can get away with doing it on the gearing! ;)

PS Jag X(J/K)Rs are limited to 155 by not letting the engine go through a certain band of revs in top gear that equates to about 155-158 MPH - if you rev the nackers of them by holding 4th manualy, letting it redline then changing up to 5th will put the revs above the limited band and so it will carry on revving.

An XJR will hit low to mid 160s like this and the aerodynamically superior XKR will hit mid 170s.

Limited huh?

Back