Finally! A sport rider waved...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Met a fairly young lookin' couple ridin' two up on a yellow sport bike of some sort today and lo' and behold the dude raised his hand and waved at me. It wasn't in response to my wave because I hadn't brought my hand up yet.
rock.gif
I almost ran off the road!
eek2.gif

Anyway, the sky didn't open up and rain locusts down on him. The ground didn't open up and swallow him. His socks weren't infested by the fleas of a thousand camels, etc... Didn't hurt him at all and it made my day. He's the first one that I EVER remember initiating the wave to me in my work car.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I just thought that was the coolest thing. To those of you who wouldn't wave at me at work...

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>FUG YOU!!!</span>
laugh.gif

BT - I alllllways wave.. well not allways, but I do on occasion. but most of the time it is because they are friends lol

Cops are my friends...cops are my friends...cops are my friends...

I wave...in the cage and while on the bike...they seem to like it
smile.gif

BT...excuse the thread-jack....but I noticed something last night....When I'm on the busa, I wave at all bikes. 80% of the harley crowd ignores me, which I'm used to by now. Last couple days I've been cruisen' around on the new custom, and waved at all bikers. 80% of the sport bikers ignored me. What gives....are us sportbikers becoming as segregated as the hardly guys???

you know something i always waive and never do i receive a waive back !! in the words of mary - kate and ashley olsen how rude !!!! na but seriously never get a waive from a county cop , on a very weird day maybe a waive from a city cop , but never ever will i get a waive from a state trooper

i wave up the peace sign to all da po po's regardless
i passed by one doin 120 on 95 and he high beamed me
tounge.gif

i wait till the last minute if there is no sign of the wave then no worries
oh yeah the harley dudes are 2 cool for us:cool:

BT i was ridin today with my wife and a cop waved at me i didnt get to wave back because i was on the clutch but it is kinda surprising at first

do you guys wave at guys in cars on, on the sidewalk.. .. in short.. do you wave at guys that just wave when they aren't on bikes..

i will occasionally nod my head.. but wont' wave if I don't know em... haha

I wave at everybody on two wheels now though.. been doing that all this summer and about 20% of the HD crowd ignores me. other than that it's ok.. even the squids wave at me.. and some of them even get back on two wheels just to wave.

hey BT, is the lesson here that we SHOULD always give a wave to the local police, and that they would appriciate and enjoy it? I could live with that, just never thought about it before. I don't wave at cars. although, in MY car I have to fight back the urge to wave at bikes... hey, I might start waving at bikes from the car, if I do teh 45 degree 'biker wave' he'd know what I was doing! cool.

Would you wave em in a car?
Would you wave em at the bar?

Would you wave em in the rain?
Would you wave em in a plane?

Would you wave em here or there?
Would you wave em anywhere?

"I would, I would wave", shouted Mikey D!
"I'd even wave em from a tree!"

"I'd wave the Popo here and there!"
"I'd wave the Popo anywhere!"

cool.gif
blush.gif

Ok, so I've been away for a bit, but I come back, and it's the same wave thread.

type.gif

Good to see there's less bitching about HD riders in this one so far.

rock.gif

hey BT, is the lesson here that we SHOULD always give  a wave to the local police, and that they would appriciate and enjoy it?  I could live with that, just never thought about it before.  I don't wave at cars.  although, in MY car I have to fight back the urge to wave at bikes... hey, I might start waving at bikes from the car, if I do teh 45 degree 'biker wave' he'd know what I was doing!  cool.
Tip o' the day... If you wave at the popo, you're less likely to be pulled, or ultimately cited if you are pulled. I read that somewhere. It works on the same principle as the fact that if someone knows your first name it is harder for them to do you harm. On that note, if you repeatedly call someone by their name, they tend to trust you more. In my experiences I've found all three of these to be true. I've de-escalated a LOT of tense situations on the job by gettin' on a first name basis with the upset person and callin' them by their name. I've also had aggressive folks back down once I got on a first name basis with 'em and talked sense to 'em.

And lastly, I do actually tend to let folks roll with a flash o' the lights or a stern look, or pull 'em and cut 'em slack if they wave. I don't know why this works, and didn't realize that it did work until I read about it, but it does seem to be accurate info. I'm sure it doesn't work in ALL situations or with ALL popo, though. The guy/gal behind the badge has to be HUMAN and have a CONSCIOUSNESS about 'em.
biggrin.gif

In this context, the Merriam-Webster online dictionary definition of this consciousness I speak of is, "The state of being characterized by sensation, emotion, volition, and thought...", and, "The upper level of mental life of which the person is aware as contrasted with unconscious processes.". As we all know, not all popo fit this descrpition.
wink.gif

As for wavin' from the cage to bikes, I always do that. Not all wave back, but it happens FAR more often than not as long as I'm not in the work cage.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Would you wave em in a car?
Would you wave em at the bar?

Would you wave em in the rain?
Would you wave em in a plane?

Would you wave em here or there?
Would you wave em anywhere?

"I would, I would wave", shouted Mikey D!
"I'd even wave em from a tree!"

"I'd wave the Popo here and there!"
"I'd wave the Popo anywhere!"

cool.gif
blush.gif
ices_rofl.gif
jump9.gif
super.gif

And this, Mikey, is why we love you, man. Yer just, ummm, crazy as Hell!
beerchug.gif

Ok, so I've been away for a bit, but I come back, and it's the same wave thread.

type.gif

Good to see there's less bitching about HD riders in this one so far.

rock.gif
Around here the Harley crowd will crash tryin' to wave at anyone who will look in their direction. Seems they wanna make sure they are SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN by as many people as possible.
poke.gif
biggrin.gif

I am in Japan and nobody here waves. When I was in the states I waved to all bikes, and about 75% would return. I nevered waved to popo, but when I get back I think I will start.

May seem odd, but I really miss that whole waving thing.

Back