filter and velocity stackmod

manny08busa

Registered
I think this has been talked about but I want to know which is better bmc or piper race filters and if i clean them every 1500 miles is it safe to use for the street? and what is velocity stack mod good for thanks for the help

$65.00 for 2 Peak HP..... NOT
thumb_down.gif

You can gain more than that by just fixing the leaks the current ram air tubes have.

Fix the ram air seals first, made a huge difference on my '01 and it only cost me $5 in home depot vinal insulation and some time. Its my understanding changing the stacks kills your torque curve in the midrange.

Fix the ram air seals first, made a huge difference on my '01 and it only cost me $5 in home depot vinal insulation and some time. Its my understanding changing the stacks kills your torque curve in the midrange.
The 08 1340 torque curve is smooth as it is. Changing stack length will change the volumetric efficiency and if the cam timing overlap is not ground for that, why change it. If you drag race and never drop under 7000 RPM, have at it but too many times an improvement is not explained to the recreational biker that it improves top end only.

$65.00 for 2 Peak HP..... NOT
thumb_down.gif

You can gain more than that by just fixing the leaks the current ram air tubes have.
Just image how much you can gain by doing that and adding the stacks....

3 here, 3 their, 2 here, 1 here.... adds up quick...

And yes, we well Performance parts for more power and faster ET's when racing.  
hello.gif

Ron Ayers a sponsor here?

Pipercross filter!

The stack mod works well on the early bikes. The 08's are pretty short all the way across.

and I'd have no problem paying $65 bucks for 2HP. That's 6MPH!!!

Wheelie,

Have you tested them on the 1/4-mile yet...? I read you didn't pick up anything with them in the 1/8th just curious if you had better luck with a little more room to stretch the BUSA's legs...
cool.gif

Wheelie,

Have you tested them on the 1/4-mile yet...? I read you didn't pick up anything with them in the 1/8th just curious if you had better luck with a little more room to stretch the BUSA's legs...
cool.gif
the 28th im going to Rusk, its a 1/4 mile. but I wont know if they help, its never been down a 1/4 mile strip. it should help a little with a good amount of air going to them on the big end.

wee

Back