FI LIGHT TURNS ON

lennox

Registered
After finishing the install of my hahn turbo kit, I turn the bike on, turned on fine no problems idleing or anything until I noticed that the fi light was on it doesnt seem to hurt the way the bike idles but I have not ran the bike on boost so my question would be is there something that goes inline with the iap sensor or another sensor that would cause this or any info would be great. I did a search on the site all that came up was something about a check valve inline with the iap sensor is this needed I have a check valve running inline with the boost guage to the vacumm line that come from the #1 and #4 throttlebodys just like the instructions indicated. the bike is going on the dyno tommorow so I would like to find out what the problem is.

Yes...
biggrin.gif

You need to use two bleeder valves to bleed off boost on factory map sensor. Although if its happening at idle, it may not be related to factory map sensor.

Did you check TPS Sensor? Sure everything is plugged in...
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

The tps sensor is plugged in but the fi light comes on after giving the bike throttle while parked not just idleing I should have been more specific it could be that check valve, I just wish the instructions from hahn were more clear becuase they didnt mention anything about the map sensor except to leave the vacuum line plugged in

Check valve needs to be tee'd to the IAP venting boost to atmosphere .
Bridge the dealer plug (white 4 pole plug with 2 pins used and rubber black cap) in the left underseat or left hump to get a code otherwise your guessing what may be the cause.

thanks for the info I told the tuner about the problem and he said he was going to check the code before tuning bike and I will install a check valve inline with iap sensor, if the iap is the problem do you know what the code will read

the code was for the four injectors and one for the fuel guage it didnt seem to hurt nothing during the tuning on the dyno all the injectors were running fine but if somebody knows how to turn this fi light off by reseting the computer or something I would appreciate that info

Back