feedback on Avon cobra tires

nerfboy

Registered
Anybody tried the Avon Cobras yet?
http://www.avon-tyres.co.uk/motorcycle/index.php?page=tyres&method=showtyre&id=26

Got any feedback on them?

My Avon Storms need to be replaced, and while I was very happy with the rear tire, not so much on the front. I have what appears to be cupping wear on the front tire, and I get a low speed vibration from it. But I have always been religious about checking the air pressure, and it's never been low. Plus the front has worn down faster. Frankly if it wasn't for that nail in the rear, that was plugged and has become a slow leaker, I could easily get another 5k out of the rear, the front on the other hand needs to be replaced now.

I commute almost year round, so really looking for some high mileage sport touring tires I can lean into on a rare occasion. I was also considering the pilot 2s

Thanks!

They are not recommended for the Busa, according to the website :rulez:

the front tire was not balance properly and that where you got the vibration and that cause the cupping

the front tire was not balance properly and that where you got the vibration and that cause the cupping

Or the front tire was not inflated to the correct pressure, which can cause that type wear...

or the front suspension is worn/improperly adjusted...which can also cause this :beerchug:

Back