Feedback needed on new website

RedlineStands

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, well I've been building a new site for Redline for about the past 3 months and I'm finally about ready to publish it. I've converted the site to an open source - database driven site via Zencart and I'm excited to get'er going. I've done this so I can finally start adding lots of new products without having to go in and manually edit a bunch of different pages just to add one new product. So, I'm linking you to the new site below. It looks remarkably similar to the current site but it's vastly different behind the scenes. The payment module hasn't been configured so you can't buy anything on the new site yet. Well, please have a look at it and let me know what you think. I particularly want to know if something displays incorrectly or if something is hard to read/find. Please let me know your thoughts and I'll do my best to make sure the site is as good for you guys as it can be. Thanks.

Ian
Redline Engineering, Sportbike Swingarm Paddock Race Stands Sport Bike Motorcycle Lifts Swing Arm Stand Jack Suzuki Kawasaki Honda Yamaha

Just a couple of things:
1.The "Back to Shopping" little icon doesn't seem to be working. When you mouse over it looks like it should activate but it doesn't take you anywhere.
2. When ordering a sport bike strapless stand I didn't see anywhere to input the axle bar part# I needed for it to be compatible to my bike. Pictures of a bike mounted to one would be helpful as well.

That's about all I noticed. Good looking site.

FWIW since you asked....the over-use of red is a design flaw. It speaks danger and bad to the brain. I understand it is part of your branding but would discourage it, mostly as the text color for your navigation.

Also, not sure about your cart solution, but, successful navigation is very key to any site. And, your left, main navigation is not very compelling.

This is not my site but a vendor of mine...
Photo Scanning Services: Pictures, Slides, Negatives to Digital - ScanDigital but, see how their layout will pull the visitor into the area they need the most. I tell my clients that I design for "It is a 15 second world" and my job is to help the website visitor achieve their needs in that 15 seconds.

Again, not sure how much flexibility you have with zen cart...but, a good effort for sure.

Picture of stands on front page had problems loading. I had to refresh the page to get it to show. To add to the Red comment above, I'm colorblind and have a very difficult time rading the top menu in red on blue since there isn't alot of contrast. There are sites where you can see what your page will look like to the various forms of color blindness.

Looks good Ian, BTW the st stands and the condor i got from you work out great thanks again..

Darrell (from Terre Haute, In)

looks good :beerchug:

only thing i noticed is quality is misspelled in "We offer upper-end qaulity stands without the extreme sticker shock."

Lots of red.... AND your selling way more than just stands these days....

All items - product detail page doesn't have item name bold to right of image (important if they use the next or prev buttons).

All catagories with more than one item - after selecting a catagory, if shopper clicks the first item from the list the detail page will show for example "Product 2/3".

a bit of black space on the page header would be nice to get the top menu bar off the browser tool bar..

Simple and it works and responds, hate sites that hide their product with pages that don't load.

Back