FedEx Service Has Gotten BAAAD! Beware Vendors!

FedEx is a nightmare...I had tickets to a concert two years ago, requiring a signature to get 'em...well, I work, so I get home to find the note saying I have one more chance OR I can drive 3 hours north to pick 'em up from a hub where they'll be held (further than the concert mind you), so I call...I finally worked out a plan where I'd have my neighbor sign for the tickets, FedEx said that would be OK...

My neighbor gets a visit from FedEx, she's ready to sign for the tickets, but the FedEx guy makes her load up her two small children and drive down to my house to sign in my driveway WTF?! LOL Ummm, yeah, I hate FedEx...

Here's my rant: I just ordered a bunch of parts from one of our sponsors, MRCycles.com, and FedEx has completely screwed this up. They called me at 7:30 this morning and left a message that there is one letter wrong on my street address and although they were completely aware of the correct address, they were unable to deliver it because it required "adult signature" and they also could not change the address. I was told I would have to go to their local hub (30 minute drive for me, each way) and pick it up. I confirmed this by phone at about 10 AM then got there at about 11:45.

I spent over an hour in the security shed and NO ONE could find it. No one had any idea who called me. They couldn't use the reference number they left me to find it, they couldn't find it by my name or by my address. I finally had to call MR Cycles and get a tracking number to give them. Then they STILL couldn't find it.

Finally they realized it DID go out for shipment even with the wrong address but now I have to be there to sign for it. Of course they had no idea what time the truck would be there but told me they would call me and let me know. I'm going to guess this will not happen. Does anyone think I'll be wrong about that?

I actually left out some of the more maddening details, like the fact that they barely spoke recognizable English, the fact that I had to repeat the reference number 4 times before they got it correct and then told me the reference number was not useful in finding the package. Oh... this is a great one; they told me it was probably at the "express" building instead of the "ground" building. I asked them what the number was and they told me to go their website to find it... THEY DIDN'T KNOW THE NUMBER!!!! Then when I told them for the 18th time that someone had left me a message and talked to me they acted like they didn't believe me so I actually had to play the voice message to them on the guest phone at the security shed. :banghead:

So again, vendors... if you want your customers to get their purchases; use someone else! :please:

This is kinda scary for me as i just placed my order with MR Cycles, it shipped today but I forgot to ask who it was they were shipping it with. I'm guessing probably fedex. I'll call tomorrow and check with them and get the tracking #. Hopefully FEDEX doesn't screw mine up!!!!!

Actually sounds like Fed Ex Did everything they can do. ??? What's the issue, sometimes you get what you want, other times (HOLIDAYS) you're lucky if they even make an attempt.

I still say Fed Ex FTW... and I love UPS, never have any issues, though yeah sometimes I have to take it upon myself to drive out to the FedEx center which is a pain but it usually means I am picking up new toys so :thumbsup:

Keeping my fingers crossed, never had a problem with UPS, or Fed-Ex.:thumbsup:

Actually sounds like Fed Ex Did everything they can do. ??? What's the issue, sometimes you get what you want, other times (HOLIDAYS) you're lucky if they even make an attempt.

I still say Fed Ex FTW... and I love UPS, never have any issues, though yeah sometimes I have to take it upon myself to drive out to the FedEx center which is a pain but it usually means I am picking up new toys so :thumbsup:

I'm assuming you are referring to someone else's story, but since you didn't quote I'm not sure. My story involves being lied to, misinformed and screwed out of about 3 hours of work by a group of FedEx employees who I wouldn't trust to deliver a note to the person sitting next to them... but again I can probably just assume you were talking about someone else's tale...

Not the kind thing you want hear when I have over a dozen parts coming in to me an a few from MR Cycles and quite a few other places. I haven't had a bad experience with any of the 3 UPS USPS or fedex I hope they don't start letting me down now :please:

Final Chapter: They finally showed up at 6:20 last night. The person in Quality Assurance told me they came to the door and no one was there at 3:20 (untrue), but when the delivery guy talked to my girlfriend he told her he had never been there because they couldn't find the address due to the ONE LETTER mis-spelling.

The good part is though, I HAVE MY PARTS and I stayed up until 10:30 last night putting everything on.

I'll get some pictures when I have some time, which will be soon because I walked into work this morning and was let go :boohoo::down:... but that's another thread.
As bad as the whole Fed Ex fiasco was for you, the worst part has to be the last line in this post....really sorry to hear about your bad luck with the job...hope that this just means that you'll have the opportunity to find something alot better!

actually by using fed ex they are always willing to hear the costumer complaints about parts never getting there... Why? because fedex is guaranteed next day by 3. if not (even after you pay for the service) since the vendor shipped as promised... he gets to get his money back for shipping. if he passes that back to the costumer great... if not well no foul on his part. that brings more into his/her bussiness under the table... I guess dinner was on you...

That doesn't make sense a customer that has repeated problems with shipping with a business he buys from would be less inclined to order from that place, i don't think a company would keep using a company that consistently failed them in shipping, could be isolated incident. Having the wrong address doesn't help the process. Not saying it's an excuse for that lvl of incompetence either.:laugh: Maybe I am just being hopeful cause my parts ain't here yet :whistle:

That doesn't make sense a customer that has repeated problems with shipping with a business he buys from would be less inclined to order from that place, i don't think a company would keep using a company that consistently failed them in shipping, could be isolated incident. Having the wrong address doesn't help the process. Not saying it's an excuse for that lvl of incompetence either.:laugh: Maybe I am just being hopeful cause my parts ain't here yet :whistle:

I think FedEx does a good job getting parts there in good condition and on time in general. The problem came when something deviated from the norm, then their QA people here in Orlando were unwilling and/or unable to provide any meaningful or honest information or solutions. It's possibly a problem isolated to the Orlando hub even... regardless, it was a miserable failure on their part.

actually by using fed ex they are always willing to hear the costumer complaints about parts never getting there... Why? because fedex is guaranteed next day by 3. if not (even after you pay for the service) since the vendor shipped as promised... he gets to get his money back for shipping. if he passes that back to the costumer great... if not well no foul on his part. that brings more into his/her bussiness under the table... I guess dinner was on you...

I want to make one thing very clear here: Vman1300 aka Kevin aka MR Cycles made 110% good on this to me once this story came out. If anything he gave me his dinner when he didn't need to. :thumbsup:

ive had my own same experiences. something requiers a signature, they just leave it at the door. they say they were at the house, yet i was home all day and they didnt come by, so yea, i had fed ex but i will take them over DHL. UPS has 2 b my fav with USPS right behind them.

Back