FedEx Service Has Gotten BAAAD! Beware Vendors!

Yorad

Registered
Here's my rant: I just ordered a bunch of parts from one of our sponsors, MRCycles.com, and FedEx has completely screwed this up. They called me at 7:30 this morning and left a message that there is one letter wrong on my street address and although they were completely aware of the correct address, they were unable to deliver it because it required "adult signature" and they also could not change the address. I was told I would have to go to their local hub (30 minute drive for me, each way) and pick it up. I confirmed this by phone at about 10 AM then got there at about 11:45.

I spent over an hour in the security shed and NO ONE could find it. No one had any idea who called me. They couldn't use the reference number they left me to find it, they couldn't find it by my name or by my address. I finally had to call MR Cycles and get a tracking number to give them. Then they STILL couldn't find it.

Finally they realized it DID go out for shipment even with the wrong address but now I have to be there to sign for it. Of course they had no idea what time the truck would be there but told me they would call me and let me know. I'm going to guess this will not happen. Does anyone think I'll be wrong about that?

I actually left out some of the more maddening details, like the fact that they barely spoke recognizable English, the fact that I had to repeat the reference number 4 times before they got it correct and then told me the reference number was not useful in finding the package. Oh... this is a great one; they told me it was probably at the "express" building instead of the "ground" building. I asked them what the number was and they told me to go their website to find it... THEY DIDN'T KNOW THE NUMBER!!!! Then when I told them for the 18th time that someone had left me a message and talked to me they acted like they didn't believe me so I actually had to play the voice message to them on the guest phone at the security shed. :banghead:

So again, vendors... if you want your customers to get their purchases; use someone else! :please:

Last year my frame sliders were shipped Fedex, Fedex website showed them delivered on a day that I never left the house. I was HOT because no driver ever showed up on that day.

I called and talked to the local depot manager, he explained the driver was a "seasoned veteran", in the middle of my conversation, my other line rang, it was my neighbor saying he had the package.

I know mistakes happen but jeeze, I have big 3" Numbers on my mailbox. Good thing I have a nice neighbor or it would have been my Tuff Luck. I feel your pain.

I shipped 2 things out via DHL a while ago,( money order, and a watch) neither of them has gotten to where i shipped them, and the tracking numbers i was given are bad.. No wounder why they are going out of business.

DHL is going under and FedEx is in legal trouble over making their drivers "employees" not "subcontractor" (what they curently are) they owe now something like 30 mil. in back taxes just in CA. Now that the drivers are gonna turn iinto "employees" the drivers will form a union to increase pay. All of this is gonna make their prices go up too.

I've had great success with FedEx, more so than UPS. Sometimes you get a bad transaction.

I can definitely feel your "no speakie english" pain. It sounds like the people you had to go "interact" with aren't used to handling the public, more of a behind the scenes place that you never know about unless something gets screwed up.

Sorry for your pain, hope you get all the goodies you ordered.

Post pics when you do.

I've had great success with FedEx, more so than UPS. Sometimes you get a bad transaction.

I can definitely feel your "no speakie english" pain. It sounds like the people you had to go "interact" with aren't used to handling the public, more of a behind the scenes place that you never know about unless something gets screwed up.

Sorry for your pain, hope you get all the goodies you ordered.

Post pics when you do.

The people I'm "interacting" are the quality assurance department!!! I would hope they are used to dealing with people, that is pretty much their only job.

Now I just called them again and they DID NOT CALL ME as promised. I've had my girlfriend sitting at the house since 2:15 and they said they came by at 3:22 and no one was home!!!!!!! I'm furious with this now. Now they are saying he can come back in the next 2 hours so either myself or her have to skip going to the gym so we can sit at the house and wait AGAIN.

I stand by my original statement; they DO NOT have their act together! I highly recommend using someone else to ship your items. I mean they can't find my package using the reference number they gave me??? Then they tell me it's against policy to ship with the wrong address and then they ship at after they give me directions to come pick it up at the hub (which took them an hour to figure out). THEN they do not call me as promised AND say no one is home when the came by when I know for a FACT there is someone there! Unacceptable on EVERY level! :director::madfire:

I have also had recent problems with FedEx... (and I am an ex-contractor)..

Lost 2 packages on separate shipments
Slow delivery
late delivery's

No more for me... UPS or USPS when ever possible..

I had similar problems with UPS and got damaged goods once i did arrive.

I must point out that, on occasion, I have had horrible experiences with FedEx, UPS and USPS. That said, IMHO, FedEx is my first choice, UPS my second and USPS I only use for post cards.

The reality is that both FedEx and UPS (and any other shipper) can potentially lose, damage, destroy and otherwise completely bugger any given shipment. The other side of that coin, is that 99% of the time, if you get them a well packed, ship worthy package, they'll get it where you ask when you ask.

The real question is, what % of shipments go according to plan vs what % get off track. In my experience, FedEx and UPS are far more successful at what they do when compared to most other large company's.

We all make mistakes and FedEx and UPS are no more perfect than us.

Been there done that... sounds almost identical except they didn't have the wrong address. It was FedEx Home Delivery! Which is different from FedEx Express, it's like a different company.

This has happened to me more than once. Enough that I wanted to send an email to the company, but couldn't get a good address that would make a difference, so I figured that I would do what I could to never do business with them if at all possible.

fedex in my area are alright! i expected a delivery and there was a downpour that day, so i assumed my package would be hosed. the "fedex" guy/gal slipped a baggy over it to protect the box. now that is service :thumbsup:

Been there done that... sounds almost identical except they didn't have the wrong address. It was FedEx Home Delivery! Which is different from FedEx Express, it's like a different company.

This has happened to me more than once. Enough that I wanted to send an email to the company, but couldn't get a good address that would make a difference, so I figured that I would do what I could to never do business with them if at all possible.
Ted i know how much you love Fed ex! :lol:

Used to be that FedEx was the prime shipper and UPS was run of the mill.

Now, it's the other way around. FedEx has lost its edge in a big way during the last 8 or so years.

Don't even talk to me about USPS. Talk about sucking.

--Wag--

I bought a HP breathing air compressor on E bay. Set up a Fed Ex acct and had it picked up in Maryland. The driver picked up and scanned it, then scanned it again and showed it delivered to where he picked it up a half hour later. Except it was still on his truck headed to California. As a result the tracking number was useless and NOBODY could tell me where it was at. Finally they found it 6 days later in some hub in the midwest. Been sitting there for days nobody knew what to do with it because the tracking number showed delivered. I told the supervisor, why does someone need to tell them to ship it to my address, you know the address where it says TO:.

Several days later he calls me and says it will be there tomarrow. I have a signature on file so I don't need to be there to sign, it was noted on the original call tag, and confirmed again with the local stupidvisor on the phone the night before. Also left a note on the door saying the same thing to leave it, signed dated etc.

Driver wrote on the note sorry can't leave it, didn't say why, but said he would be back again tomarrow. Got home called the stupidvisor again, he assured me that it would be left the next day, posted another note on the door, same driver shows and writes sorry can't leave it again, need signature.

I call back and am told they lost it they don't know where it's at. WTF? It's been in the back of this guy's truck for a couple day's how can it be lost? A day later stupidvisor called me to say we found it! It's on it's way to Texas. Don't worry when the driver hits the next terminal we will have it pulled off before it gets to Texas.

Couple days later, stupidvisor calls me again same story, be there tomarrow, said he personally told the driver to leave it no matter what. Next day nothing. Call again they can't find it, finally shows up the next day with the excuse the night crew didn't know what to do with it so they set it aside to ship back to where they picked it up!

Final Chapter: They finally showed up at 6:20 last night. The person in Quality Assurance told me they came to the door and no one was there at 3:20 (untrue), but when the delivery guy talked to my girlfriend he told her he had never been there because they couldn't find the address due to the ONE LETTER mis-spelling.

The good part is though, I HAVE MY PARTS and I stayed up until 10:30 last night putting everything on.

I'll get some pictures when I have some time, which will be soon because I walked into work this morning and was let go :boohoo::down:... but that's another thread.

Back