Favorite hobby

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Any woodworkers here? During the week, I typically get home from work, have dinner with wifey, watch the BS on the news and then go spend an hour or two in my shop.

Table top.

013.jpg

Playing with legs.:laugh:

002-1.jpg

And wala, we have somewhere to sit and do munchies.

DSCN0140.jpg

Inlay

DSCN0135.jpg

And more legs.

DSCN0134.jpg

I can do lot's of things, but woodworking is not it. You, however have a gift. That looks fantastic!

I find woodworking a great release...I can make exactly what I want or a project for a friend...to go buy something that doesn't fit just right when I can make it at home has become an annoyace. Having extra patience will make it all worth the effort. In your area you have many suppliers Nc, Tenn, up to Pa there is a great supply of regular or figured woods.

I just made this table using honduras mahagony and a pocket screw jig...a purist would hang me for using this type of wood but it is what it is.

Wood is good...do you get a chance to watch Roy Underhill?

IMG_1915.JPG

IMG_1920.JPG

IMG_1921.JPG

I find woodworking a great release...I can make exactly what I want or a project for a friend...to go buy something that doesn't fit just right when I can make it at home has become an annoyace. Having extra patience will make it all worth the effort. In your area you have many suppliers Nc, Tenn, up to Pa there is a great supply of regular or figured woods.

I just made this table using honduras mahagony and a pocket screw jig...a purist would hang me for using this type of wood but it is what it is.

Wood is good...do you get a chance to watch Roy Underhill?

Nice table, that finish makes the grain pop, what is it?
The top looks like Honduras Mahogany, but the aprons look like African Mahogany. Or is that all from Honduras?
Still figuring out where to get good lumber prices, or a good saw mil within 300 miles from central NC.

I've seen your work up close and you my friend are very good at what you do hence the term
"Master Craftsman" :bowdown:

Nice work....! very nice! too bad you're not my neighbor , there's probably 6 saw mills within 5 miles of the house...I'm an electrician and builder by trade but I'll leave the fine wood working to you
pro's... As far as hobbies If I had any more hobbies I'd need another 24 hours in a day..
OH I was going to mention that a couple years ago , I was at the sawmill and bought some of the nicest cedar I have ever seen .I bought 1"x8"x8' planks .really dark red and bright white wood..I grabbed(? 30?) of'em and have them air drying in my shop..I figured someday I'd make something ..

I've always been somewhat jealous of guys that can do that level of woodworking, think its a patience issue for me, with metal i can just put it back together and refinish if i screw up. It is something i'd like to give a shot at once i'm older and have some more time on my hands

Wow!!!!
I'd expect to pay 1-2k for a setup like that. That's flipping awesome. It's looks line you stole a pic out of a cracker barrel catalog. You should open up a shop and sell stuff like that locally. Four or five tables could buy you a new bike!

Put a sign up 'Homemade woodwork' and reap the rewards from the skills God gave you.

Back